Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

anyone reading The Time Traveler's Wife?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone reading The Time Traveler's Wife?

I am about 1/3 way done and it is due back in four days. I started off slow but now am really enjoying it.
    Mom to three wild women.

I just picked up it and needed to read another book first for book group. I hope to start on it tonight. Thanks for the reminder and some encouragement -- it looks long. Given my recent track record for finishing books, that doesn't bode well. But I'll start tonight!

Comment

I'm about halfway through it--I really like it so far! It took a bit for me to figure out the logistics of the whole time travel thing, but now I get it.
      By the way, does anybody have any suggestions as to how we can discuss the book? Should we schedule a chat or something?
      Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Ok, just finished it. Ahhh, it was so good. I havent had such a good read in a while. I am looking forward to everyone else finishing so we can chat. 518 pages baby!
        Mom to three wild women.

Comment

Was it really 518 pages??? I just finished it last night (stayed up late to finish it in fact!) and I'd love to discuss some points with everybody else sometime soon. Maybe I'll start searching online for some good discussion questions. So what do you guys think--should we do a chat about the book, start a thread, or what???
          Also, I didn't want to monopolize the book choices so I wanted input from anybody else that is interested to decide what the next book will be.
          Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

I'm about 5 pages in. This is motivating.

I like the idea of a scheduling a chat if we can find a time that works for everyone. Can I have a little bit longer to finish? But I understand that you want to talk about it while it's fresh in your mind.

Comment

I read this book a while ago and I loved it. I'll be interested to hear what everyone else thinks. My friends who have read it are split, about half loved it and about half couldn't quite get into it. I think there are a lot of great discussions with this book, and the more opinions I've heard, the more I enjoy the story.

Comment

Ok....I'm 25% of the way through and getting really interested. I'll try to hurry and finish. I'm really curious to see what others think about it!

In fact, I should get off the computer and go get my nose in that book.

Comment

I'm done! Who else is still reading?

Are we ready to schedule a time to chat? Do you have time before you leave, Sue?

Comment

I'm ready to chat about it anytime! I leave next Sunday (yay!) so could we schedule a chat sometime this week???
                    Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Weds or Thurs are both good for me. Or evenings but it probably gets too late for others with me in the pacific time zone -- it would have to be after 8pm pacific.

Comment

Sorry guys--I totally dropped the ball on this one! I've been running around my house frantically trying to get my work caught up before I leave town and forget to comment on the chat. Looks like Wednesday and Thursday are lost. Are any evenings good for anybody? I know Nellie is in a different time zone--I'm often up late so that doesn't bother me, but I don't know where everybody else is.
                        Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

I can be flexible abou the time; this pacific time zone can be a real PITA when trying to schedule phone calls and the like. I can always pop in a video for the kids.

Comment

Sue -- when do you return? Would it be easier to set up a time for then?

Comment

Probably so--I get back next Sunday (the 12th). If you guys want to set up a time anytime during the next week, I'll make a point to be available.
                              Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Working...
                              X