Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

White Oleander

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Oleander

I just read this one on vacation this week. I always give a book about 75 pages to decide whether or not I want to finish it. This one didn't need it! It was interesting and thought provoking from the beginning. Things started happening pretty quickly and continue throughout the book. If you're in to "happy" books, it probably isn't for you,though it ends well for the main character. It definitely isn't for the under 18 crowd as there is a lot of talk about sex (from a 14 year old) and some talk about drugs (pot and others).

Wendy

Wendy, it's so great to meet someone who has read this book!!! It is a very good read. The descriptive words the author uses to describe the settings of each scene was wonderful!!!!! I enjoyed the book too.

Christy

Comment

I just finished this book recently myself. I enjoyed it.

Jennifer
      Needs

Comment

I heard that the film will be at the Toronto Film Festival on October 14th. I read parts of the book a while ago, but I never got around to finishing it... I liked what I read tho for the most part. Damned interruptions.

Anyway, did you know that Michelle Pfeiffer is going to play Ingrid?! I can't think of anyone who's better suited to the role.

One other bit, I read in an interview that Janet Fitch found writing screenplays (herself) a difficult task, so I'm just hoping that the novels translates well to the big screen.

Comment

I read that book about four summers ago when it first came out. I began casting the movie in my mind the moment I got familiar with the characters. It was such a great read!!!!

I am THRILLED Michelle Pfieffer is playing Ingrid, although I pictured Brett Butler.

Comment

I loved this book and have now read it about three times. I haven’t seen the movie yet, but I plan to rent it when it comes out.

I liked how each woman in Astrid’s life represented a different strength and weakness. Because her childhood was absolutely horrid, she was forced to learn things quickly at an early age. She learned the true skill to survival, take what you need and leave what you don’t.

There weren’t many happy times in this book, but it did teach some valuable lessons. If you are ever stuck in the middle of the ocean, you now know how to survive.

Shelley

Comment

Working...
            X