Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Broken Music- Sting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken Music- Sting

Because I'm hiding out at my inlaws' house, I read this in a day and a half.

I'm not normally a fan of biographies, but this was pretty good. First, he is Sting, an ultimate fantasy boy. Second, he has a command of the English language that exceeds the majority of rock and rollers. (Part of the reason I love his lyrics).

This book focuses on the years from his childhood right up to his unbelievable world wide success. Sting talks about his overwhelming need to make it as a musician-- a deep calling from a cellular level within him. He left his hometown, a secure future in teaching, went against his parents's admonitions, and followed his passion even to the detriment of his small family. (He takes full blame for his divorce, admits great sadness to this day, and is very respectful of his ex-wife.)

This is kind of a fun read, but probably would have been even better if I knew more about music and the music scene.

Kelly
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. You've just given me my next read. I'm such a music groupie ... I'm looking forward to it!
    Angie
    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

I read this about a year ago, I think, and really liked it. I have always liked Sting and thought of him as a "smart" rocker.....this book confirmed those feelings. It also gave me some insight into some of the lyrics on his latest album.....I always love knowing what people were thinking when they wrote certain lyrics.

Sally
      Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Sting ROCKS! My sister won two passes to meet Sting at a nightclub in Beverly Hills this past spring. Since she only had 48 hours advance notice, it was too late for me to fly out for the concert. I was totally bummed about not meeting him....he IS Sting afterall. As a consolation prize, she asked him to sign a copy of his book for me. I had every intention of reading the book, but after hearing my sister go on and on (and on and on and on) about meeting Sting, I could no longer bear any mention of his name (can you say that I was just a tad bit jealous?!) Kelly, your review has inspired me to finally read his book! Thank you!

Comment

Working...
        X