Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Prep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prep

A fun quick read by Curtis Sittenfeld. It's about a public school girl from South Bend who attends a fancy New England prep school. My "guilty pleasure" reading - I'd had it on reserve for months at the library.
    Enabler of DW and 5 kids
    Let's go Mets!

I read a review of this somewhere and have been keeping my eyes open for it at the library.....maybe I should go ahead and put my name on a list for it! Thanks for reminding me that it is out there.

Sally
    Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Her second book "Man of My Dreams" is also hard to put down, but is somewhat a carbon copy of the first. Just the main character is even more annoying. It's actually kind of depressing.
      Enabler of DW and 5 kids
      Let's go Mets!

Comment

Have you finished MAN OF MY DREAMS yet, Fluffhead? Did it turn out to be any different than PREP? I don't want to buy the book, but the line at the library is so long.. I may have to just buy it...
        married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Oh yeah I finished it awhile ago - I'd reserved it months before it came out, so I got it pretty early from the library. And it's like a bad train wreck - you can't put it down.
          I don't think you should buy it, but it's a good read, so wait for the library.
          The main character is similar to Prep's in that you just want to *thwap* her upside the head and say "GET A GRIP!!!" but the storyline is somewhat different. I dunno....not one of the best books I've read this year.
          Enabler of DW and 5 kids
          Let's go Mets!

Comment

Good tip, Fluffhead. Thanks! I'll hold tight.
            married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Prep

I loved Prep too. I just read it. Couldn't put it down! The ending was a little so-so, but the book as a whole is very intriguing.

Comment

I have to admit that I'm about 3/4 into the book and bored to tears. The main character's low self-esteem and neurosis due to it got old pretty quickly. There are some interesting thoughts here and there but they are far and few between.

Comment

I just finished Prep and Man of My Dreams, I think I liked Prep better but thought they were both great.
                  ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                  -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Originally posted by fluffhead
                    The main character is similar to Prep's in that you just want to *thwap* her upside the head and say "GET A GRIP!!!"
                    Exactly the thought I had while reading this book! I liked it even though I wanted to scream at her most of the time!

Comment

I just didnt like this book at all. I kept waiting for her to buck up and stop being so freaking insecure but it didnt happen. I also was not into the whole pointless only going to end in heartbreak hookup. And the ending. I really thought I would enjoy this book but I didnt.
                      Mom to three wild women.

Comment

Working...
                      X