Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

A Million Little Pieces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Million Little Pieces

Have you read it? Are you more compelled to read it now?
    married to an anesthesia attending

Re: A Million Little Pieces

Originally posted by alison
    Have you read it? Are you more compelled to read it now?
    No and no.

Same goes with the book Osama bin Laden just recommended.
    Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
    With fingernails that shine like justice
    And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

I read it ages ago. Someone in Boston gave it to us as a going away present because the author was from Shaker Heights. The funny thing is that when I was reading it I kept telling my DH "This story is incredible! It's so unbelievable!" Of course, idiot that I am, it never occurred to me that it actually *was* unbelievable because it WASN'T TRUE!!!

I think it didn't sell when he shopped it around as a novel because it loses its punch when you know it's fiction. If it actually happened......wow. I don't think I'd read it again, but I did enjoy it the first time.
      Angie
      Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
      Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Osama's got a book club now?
        Angie
        Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
        Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Originally posted by goofy
          Will they be reprinting that book with a big O stamped on the front?

I had seen the book (Million Pieces) at Costco and thought it looked interesting but my book list is plenty long right now. I had considered getting it for my SIL as it relates to some of her life not knowing how MUCH it related (she is a little truth challenged herself). Good thing I passed it by. :!

I am now less compelled to read it.

Comment

~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Originally posted by goofy
              Apparently! And, he's got more pull than Oprah it would seem since the book he recommended all Americans read shot from being ranked way down in the 4,000's straight to the top 20 this last week on Amazon's popularity scale.

Comment

My neighbor is reading this for her book group. They picked it about 2 days before all the Smoking Gun controversy.

I asked her what she thought and she said that some parts do seem "difficult to believe" along the lines of what Angie said.

Comment

I haven't read it yet but I plan to. I guess I'm a little more curious now that it has gotten so much attention from the media, but honestly even before I knew about the scandal and before I knew it was an Oprah book, I was eyeing it in Costco and almost bought it. I kind of like reading about personal triumphs, even if he may have exaggerated at times. He was high on drugs, was he not??? I suppose his memory could be a little foggy anyway.
                  Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Changes in stocking the shelves?

I was surprised to see that Million Little Pieces is still in the memoir section at Barnes and Noble. I think it is a slap in the face to us honest writers that bookstores don't make a statement by moving it to the Fiction section. Call it what it is.

Comment

I agree, Ali Plato.

It's fiction - the guy lied by claiming it was truth when he *knew* it was incorrect. I can't maintain my integrity by openly supporting someone like that by buying their book (and, giving them more money - a reward - for lying).

Comment

Working...
                      X