Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

David Sedaris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find Amy Sedaris to be Depends-worthy reading but I like those warped people.

She's a less all over the place than he.

Jenn

Comment

Try Sarah Vowell or David Rakoff. Similar vein but I prefer those two.

Comment

Originally posted by cupcake
        Try Sarah Vowell or David Rakoff. Similar vein but I prefer those two.
        me too! me too! me too! me too!

Comment

I loved Assassination Vacation by Sarah Vowell.

Comment

Sarah Vowell is one of my favorite authors - her Partly Cloudy Patriot actually made me think history is interesting! I also love the way she writes about interacting with her family, especially her dad and sister. I think I can relate as someone who also flew their small town coop and loves the big city... but still appreciates her roots.

If you like David Sedaris you should check out Holidays on Ice - my favorite story is his satirical take on Christmas Letters. It's a perfect stocking stuffer.

Comment

Re: David Sedaris

Originally posted by Stella
              I'm currently nearing the end of Naked and I read Me Talk Pretty One Day about 3 weeks ago - love love love them!!! David Sedaris is so funny and witty and I get the same feelings as I got when I used to read J.D. Salinger or Kerouac.

Anyone else a David Sedaris fan??
              Huge fan!!

Do you happen to know, by chance, if he is related to the actresss Amy Sedaris?

Comment

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife
                Do you happen to know, by chance, if he is related to the actresss Amy Sedaris?
                Pretty sure that's his sister. She's mentioned in Talk Pretty, iirc (the only book of his I've read so far)
                Sandy
                Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

I love David Sedaris too. DH started buying me the books years ago and it was definitely a hit.
                  I sent a David Sedaris recording to my step dad through itunes to his email on father's day. He and my mom loved it. Great last minute gift idea!
                  m

Comment

I just finished When You Are Engulfed in Flames. It was pretty good, not as laugh-out-loud funny as some of his other books ... but good, quick, light reading nonetheless. Perfect for summer!
                    ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                    -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Originally posted by migirl
                      I just finished When You Are Engulfed in Flames. It was pretty good, not as laugh-out-loud funny as some of his other books ... but good, quick, light reading nonetheless. Perfect for summer!
                      I agree - it's pretty funny. I read the excerpt about Euro glasses to dh.
                      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Working...
                      X