Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Book Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Book Club

Are we not doing Book Club anymore?

I'm currently reading Running With Scissors (I know someone else around here just bought that but I can't remember who!) and Half Asleep in Frog Pajamas. I like the new fiction like that so if someone wants to do the reading, I'll do the leading!

Let's make a plan for October!
    I chose lots of different types of books, don't make fun of me.

Umm, we still need to discuss the last book. I need to get my act together for that. Sorry. We had the big server outage for when it was planned.

Let me know when we want to discuss The Cider House Rules. Sometime next week, perhaps.

Ladybug was supposed to put up the next poll. Did she ask you to do it?
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Oh, I didn't know someone was already set up to initiate another one! Sorry!!

Annie, sounds fine to me. I obviously added a few of the "self help" titles anyway.

Comment

Stella,
        I just finished running with scissors and I thought it was a hoot! the characters are something else, eh?
        I have a pretty diverse list of books that I read as well so I won't make fun of you.

Comment

Damn, check the archives re: The Medical Marriage....we've all torn it apart about 10 different times.

Jenn

Comment

Annie -- are you reading Cider House Rules or the next book? And if it is the next book, what is the title?

Freely admitting I am way out of the loop here.

Comment

I read Cider House!! (I feel as though I have accomplished something whilst sitting around on my tush for a change. )

We should plan that discussion for October, I think and move the next book group to late November/early December. Would that get us back on some kind of schedule? I think we had originally planned 2 mos per book, but we are a whole cycle behind. I was on or November, but I could select something around Christmas to discuss in February instead.

OR.....we could just play it by ear and select a new "leader" who's willing when we get the first book done. (And Stellava is up for that now as far as I'm concerned! ) This might be the easier route given the difficult nature of getting these things organized.

Heidi.....did you have a chat feature working on your other site? Want to message me about it? We've had horrible luck with the ones we've tried here.
              Angie
              Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
              Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

I'm all up for running it! I try to read at least 2-3 books a month so if we think we can do one a month, I'd really like that. Otherwise, I'll probably forget what I was reading about. Is a month enough time for everyone to read a book provided that it's not too long or difficult? (i.e. Running with Scissors vs. Ulysses)

Comment

Stella, I don't think once a month will give us nearly enough time. Some of us have had 4 months for Cider House.

Speaking of which, I am tenatively scheduling the chat for Cider House Rules for Monday, October 16th at 8 p.m. EST.

If this time does not work for a whole lot of people, please let me know.

http://home.sc.rr.com/lamoreaux/bookclub.html

Here is the URL for the chat.

I will post this in another thread in a few weeks for a reminder.
                  Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I don't know why but I wasn't able to vote. (I promise that I haven't voted before).

Anyway, I think that Blink or the Tipping Point sound intriguing.

Kelly
                    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Any other suggestions are welcome, too.

Comment

Working...
                      X