Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

The Queen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Queen

Has anyone seen it?
    married to an anesthesia attending

Nope but I really want to

Jenn

Comment

It's in our netflix que.

I might bump it to the top!!!!
      I've heard it's good --- slow in parts but well done and interesting.

Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

I've seen it. It was very well done, but I wish I hadn't gone to the theater to see it. It just didn't have the cinematic "oomph" that you only get from the big screen, and I so rarely get to a big screen I hate to waste it.

Comment

I just picked it up to watch tonight! I'll report back!

Comment

I just watched it and all of the special features.

It was good! Helen Mirren is great - in the interviews that I watched, she's so beautiful! Wow!

As far as the movie itself, I feel like it was too short, and it actually didn't flesh out enough of the issues at hand. :huh:

Comment

Haven't seen it yet, but it's definitely on my list.

I would also like to see a movie about Diana.

Comment

I've seen it on the plane to Romania and I thought it was good. I probably wouldn't have watched it in the theater but I would definitely see it again on DVD. I've ben trying to get my husband (wow, it feels weird writing it here for the first time) to watch it but he's been really busy with school. Maybe this weekend.
                Cristina
                IM PGY-2

Comment

My husband refused to watch it, even though I told him that some of the scenery was nice (Balmoral landscapes). They get that British royalty stuff shoved down their throats in Germany. I don't blame him for wanting to avoid it.

Comment

I finally watched it On Demand while DH was at work. I did not realize until I started watching it that the storyline is about the queen's reaction (or non-reaction) to Diana's death. It was fairly interesting, but as has been said in earlier posts - slow in many parts. Probably wouldn't watch it again - too many other movies out that I want to see!

Comment

I liked it.

It was different than I thought it would be and I liked the aspect of the Prime Minister/Tony Blair having to deal with a monarchy and all that this implies in a "modern" world. The metaphor of the stag was beautiful.

I also liked the "actual" footage the movie used of the crash and funeral. It took me back to that time and how I felt.

Helen Mirren was fantastic. She did a wonderful job and carried the movie. The gentleman who played Blair did a great job too.
                      Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Re: The Queen

I just caught this on TV last night. I thought it was very well done and Helen Mirren is amazing.

Jenn

Comment

Working...
                        X