Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What Movies Should I Put on My Netflix List????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Movies Should I Put on My Netflix List????

I posted this in the wrong place. I'm still learning my way around here.

I'm a Netflix junkie! And since I'm a teacher and off for the summer, I've had plenty of time to log a lot of movies each night after DS goes to bed and DH falls asleep on the couch--I'll never understand why he doesn't just go to bed....I think he just enjoys being in the same room with me.

Anyway, I would say out of all the movies I've watched this summer so far my favorites are Deja Vu and The Holiday.

Soooo, what are you most recent favs? I need to add some more movies to my list on Netflix.

My all time favorite obscure Netflix movie is Kolya- the backstory- Kolya is the Russian diminutive of Nikolai and our son is adopted from Russia. Even now when I need him to focus, rather than saying, "Nikolai", I say, "Kolya!" and he snaps to attention.

It's a Czech movie-fully subtitled. It just demonstrates the basic BS that every average Russian has to go through, even now. but it's a happy movie at it's core.

and the little boy who plays Kolya is nearly identical to my Kolya. another reason why I love it so.

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by pinkpickles
      I always seem to catch The Up Side of Anger. I Really like this movie...you guys should check it out:

http://www.upsideofanger.com/

another one I watch when DH isn't around Junebug (Excellent):

http://www.sonyclassics.com/junebug/

here's one I've watched 2 or 3 times lately when DH has been on call:
      V for Vendetta...must see this & how it relates to the tactics used in the "war on terror".

http://vforvendetta.warnerbros.com/

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn
        My all time favorite obscure Netflix movie is Kolya- the backstory- Kolya is the Russian diminutive of Nikolai and our son is adopted from Russia. Even now when I need him to focus, rather than saying, "Nikolai", I say, "Kolya!" and he snaps to attention.

It's a Czech movie-fully subtitled. It just demonstrates the basic BS that every average Russian has to go through, even now. but it's a happy movie at it's core.

and the little boy who plays Kolya is nearly identical to my Kolya. another reason why I love it so.

Jenn

I remember this film...I liked it too! Gosh jenn I wish we lived near each other...I would sooo love an Art House film buddy!!

Comment

The documentary called "Jesus Camp", I just reviewed it on the post "Movies you watch when your SO is on call"
          Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
          Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

We recently watched The Painted Veil and both DH and I enjoyed it. It is a drama. It is a little slow at times but I have a thing for movies filmed in China. Are you looking for a particular genre? We mostly watch dramas/action (that's for DH). Recently we have watched: Letters from Iwa Jima, Flags of our Fathers, Breach, Apocalypto, Alpha Dog, Dreamgirls, The Last King of Scotland, and Lucky Number Slevin. I enjoyed all of these. I didn't really care for The Good Shepard (too slow and I am not a big Matt fan) or You, Me, and Dupree (Wilson's nose bugs me). The Queen was very slow but I found it intesting. Catch and Release was kind of a cute movie too.
            My all time favorite comedy that I can watch over and over again is 40 year old Virgin. Happy Netflixing....

Comment

I like comedies and thrillers mostly. I do want to see The Queen. I need to add that to my list. It's probably a good movie to watch when DH is on-call. I doubt he'll want to watch it...but sometimes he surprises me!

Comment

His nose bugs me too!
                Mom to three wild women.

Comment

His nose bugs me too!

Recent movies I have seen are
                  In the Name of the Father
                  Gangs of NY
                  The Station Agent

and the netflix for tonight is
                  The Boondock Saints
                  Mom to three wild women.

Comment

His nose bugs me too!
                    ok, so it's no just me

and the netflix for tonight is
                    The Boondock Saints
                    I have never seen this movie but it is some of DH's fraternity brothers' favorite movie. In the past, I have heard references to this movie a gagilion times. Let me know if it is any good.

Comment

Originally posted by Cumberland
                      The Boondock Saints
                      One of DH's favorite movies. I've seen it several times and it's very good, but too gory to make my list.

Oh, some of the movies we've seen recently...

The Queen
                      V for Vendetta
                      Little Children
                      Cristina
                      IM PGY-2

Comment

Suzanne and I will happily hang out at our imaginary Art Film theater in the semi-dicey neighborhood with all of the artistes and film nerds.

Jenn

Comment

Thanks for all the great movie suggestions!

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisada
                            We just saw the Last King of Scotland. It was excellent. We also just watched Letters to Ima Jima, which was surprisingly very good. I usually hate war movies. Little Children was not as good as I thought it would be.
                            !

We have decided to cancel our cable and upgrade the Netflix membership. I'm loving the Netflix, hating the TV!

Comment

My last three:

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
                              Deja Vu
                              Breach

And I strongly, strongly concur on Arrested Development.

Netflix rocks for staying entertained while the significant other is off doing medical things.

Comment

Working...
                              X