Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Something the lord made

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something the lord made

Ok, I'm really bad at giving reviews, but my cousin recommended this movie to us and we really enjoyed. It's about the relationship between Dr. Alfred Blalock and Vivien Thomas. He performed the first heart surgery at Hopkins. It's an HBO film and we both really thought it was great. Blalock is an interesting (as in his accent kind of bothered me) character but overall I thought the acting was good.

DH & I watched it when it premeired on HBO. I liked it , and he seemd to as well. DH was interested in it for obvious reasons.

Comment

That's so funny that you mentioned this movie. One of my friends was recommending this to me just the other day. I was telling her about my dad's recent heart surgery and it made her think of this movie. She told me I would like it. She's never steared me wrong on a movie yet.

Comment

I loved this movie; I wouldn't have known about Vivien Thomas if not for this movie. It's an amazing story of perseverance despite incredible odds. I was crying by the end of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravenclaw
          I loved this movie; I wouldn't have known about Vivien Thomas if not for this movie. It's an amazing story of perseverance despite incredible odds. I was crying by the end of it.
          It is definitely one of those feel good movies. But it also made me sad to think of all the people out there, back then and now, who could have that "lightbulb" solution to our world's greatest "problems" but are never given the chance (education, opportunity, guidance) to be that person and have those ideas grow and develop. Again, we really enjoyed this movie. I definitely felt the tears coming.

Comment

This is on my Netflix list. I'm glad you all liked it. I'll have to go check to see when I get it.

Comment

Little HP tidbit for my fellow HP fans - the actor who plays Blalock is Professor Snape! Blalock is Southern and the actor is British, so as Davita mentioned, his accent sounded kind of funny at times.

Comment

This is a good one to watch with your SO.
                I think it's very motivational for beating the odds in life.

Comment

I loved this movie!

Comment

Working...
                  X