Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Blades of Glory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blades of Glory

We watched this last night, it was okay. I definitely think Will Ferrell has made better movies than this one. It has Amy Poehler and Will Arnette from SNL in it as well, which adds some typical SNL comedy to it. Overall, it was so-so and glad we didn't fork over $8-9 each to see it in the theaters.

I saw it in the airplane and thought it was hilarious. But I'm weird that way.
    married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

ITA pitterpat. I can't say there were many hilarious moments.....
      Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

I'm with Alison, we thought it was hilarious and recommended it to MIL who is a big skating fan! It is a while since we saw it so can't remember anything specific but it is my favourite Will Ferrell movie.

Comment

I thought this was ok (not a big Will Ferrell fan), DH loved it. There weren't too many laugh-out-loud moments for me.
          ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
          -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Re: Blades of Glory

This was my first official Netflix movie. I watched about 20 minutes of it and then went to bed. Blah. Not so funny. Will Farrell has done better.

Comment

Originally posted by pitterpat
              . . . it was so-so and glad we didn't fork over $8-9 each to see it in the theaters.
              That's how I feel about every Will Ferrell movie. It's fine to lose 2 hours of my life and $4 of my money to it, if it's a rental, but I don't want to invest anything more. I mean, they're fine--my husband usually laughs hysterically, and I really admire Ferrell's impressive ability to so completely commit to be a goofball, but his movies aren't good, per se. They're...enjoyably forgettable.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife
                . . . it was so-so and glad we didn't fork over $8-9 each to see it in the theaters.
                That's how I feel about every Will Ferrell movie.
                Have you seen "Stranger Than Fiction"? I haven't seen any *other* Will Ferrell movies, but I'm lead to understand it isn't his typical...
                Sandy
                Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Originally posted by poky
                  Originally posted by GrayMatterWife
                  That's how I feel about every Will Ferrell movie.
                  Have you seen "Stranger Than Fiction"? I haven't seen any *other* Will Ferrell movies, but I'm lead to understand it isn't his typical...
                  Oh, you're right. I was thinking about his more "SNL humor"-type, slapstick movies. (I am still not sure why some of my male friends think that "Anchorman" was a major cinematic accomplishment. Yeah, yeah--I get the joke...how could I not? It was the SAME joke, just replayed throughout the movie--he's a bombastic, sophomoric, dense blowhard in 70s clothes...got it.) I did not see "Stranger Than Fiction," but I heard it was quite good. Will Ferrell did a good acting job--sort of like how Adam Sandler did in "Punch Drunk Love."

Comment

Working...
                  X