Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Peter Pan 2003

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peter Pan 2003

...not the animated one.

A friend of mine said it was good, wasn't too scary, and was a nice realistic twist on the old story.

We bought it at B&N for 12 dollars and gave it a try. (DH and I previewed it first.)

The kids love it.
    We are very into Pirates and Fairies these days and this movie hits both areas quite well.

The crocodile is scary though and Captain Hook does "kill" a few people but they make it funny. (I know how that sounds! ) They do briefly show Hook missing a hand and it's fairly realistic (picture stump). I did not like how they portray Tink -- but she's harmlessly annoying in this film. There is a "crush" storyline between Wendy and Peter in this version as well just an FYI.

The guy who plays Lucious Malfoy in HP is Hook in this version. Great actor.

Now when we're outside the kids "fly" around the yard like crazy people. They are playing Peter Pan and Wendy in one of scenes. I think they "flew" 12 miles yesterday.
    Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Are the kids still 4 and 2 -not sure when the sig was last updated? It sounds like one mine would like, but I thought they were too young - 4 1/2 and 3.

Comment

My kids will be 3 and 5 in October.

I think it really depends on the children in question.

We have never watched Alladin because of the "sand tiger" that comes up from the ground and talks. (we saw a preview) DD is completely freaked out by it.

Beauty and the Beast has only been watched by scenes in our house as well. The growling beast is something they don't like.

This movie is magical. They love Peter Pan (Disney) which is completely tame so perhaps that was the natural pre-req?

FYI -- The mermaids are not happy harmess creatures in this movie either however. It's a small scene (maybe three minutes?) but they are a little scary. DD was fascinated that it was the same story with different ideas in it. DS isn't phased by much.
      Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Working...
      X