Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Who is the best actor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is the best actor

Hey ladies, just wondering who you think is the best actor on this list. My sister and I had a debate about it. She loves Denzel, but I tend think he sort of is the same guy for every character, except in Training Day which made him a non-believable ganster.

Re: Who is the best actor

Haha, I had to IMDB Underwood, clearly I don't watch enough TV.

Freeman kicked ass in March of the Penguins.
    Alison

Comment

I love Morgan Freeman. His voice just gets me. I'd say his role in Seven was my favorite.
      Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Laurence Fishborne is exceptionally talented.

Here are a few of my favorites he's in:
        • The Matrix Revolutions (2003) .... Morpheus
          Mystic River (2003) .... Sgt. Whitey PowersEnter the Matrix (2003) (VG) .... Morpheus
          The Matrix Reloaded (2003) .... Morpheus
          The Matrix (1999) .... Morpheus
          Othello (1995) .... Othello
          The Tuskegee Airmen (1995) (TV) .... Hannibal Lee
          Searching for Bobby Fischer (1993) .... Vinnie

What's Love Got to Do with It (1993) .... Ike Turner, Sr.
          Boyz n the Hood (1991) (as Larry Fishburne) .... Jason 'Furious' Styles

When he's up against Morgan Freeman however, there is no contest. Morgan has commercial appeal AND he's amazing in every part.

Denzel is good. His shining moments were "Glory" and "Malcom X" in my opinion. He's a star...too commercial if you will.
        Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Daniel Craig.

Kelly
          In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

I think it's a good poll, only a few to choose from. If we started adding in all the yummy treats, it could get dicey. As it is, I think Taye Diggs, of the above, has the hot factor down. Morgan Freeman is the best actor. I loved him in the Shawshank Redemption, but who didn't? Such a great movie.
            Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Morgan Freeman hands down. I'm a voice person, and he's got a great one.

I think Jamie Foxx should be included in that list.

Comment

I'm just curious - what was the topic of the debate? Which black guy is the best actor?? There are no actors of other ethnicities on that list! :huh:

I'm all about Morgan Freeman though. I LOVE him. Heidi - you're right about his voice.

Comment

My preference is Morgan Freeman!
                  Luanne
                  wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by Jane
                    I'm just curious - what was the topic of the debate? Which black guy is the best actor?? There are no actors of other ethnicities on that list! :huh:
                    Shhh...you're not supposed to notice! If you're really a hip color-blind person in the 21st century, you'll just pick one of these options and never even notice that they were pre-selected for their skin tone!
                    Alison

Comment

Originally posted by spotty_dog
                      Shhh...you're not supposed to notice! If you're really a hip color-blind person in the 21st century, you'll just pick one of these options and never even notice that they were pre-selected for their skin tone!
                      Yeah Jane, what's the matter with you? I didn't even notice until you mentioned it. Maybe you should spend more time in California. And that's chocolate to you.

Comment

I picked Morgan Freeman because he is just a phenomenal actor period. Denzel Washington is great but Freeman is just better. Taye is coming into his own but not my favorite. Fishbourne is ok but I don't enjoy many of his movies. And I am not a big fan of Underwood, although he is quite nice on the eyes.

Comment

Shoot I didn't think anyone would notice.

Comment

Working...
                          X