Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

American Gangster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Gangster

DH and I went to see it last night. Alot of people like it, but I thought it was the most boring gangster movie I have ever seen. Maybe I didn't like it because right before we went my dad was watching "New Jack City" on TV when we dropped off the kids. To me that was one of the best drug kingpin movies of all time. Even compared to Godfather and Goodfellas this movie was lame. No a lot of interesting characters or personalities at all. Basically, I want my $20 back !!!

Re: American Gangster

Originally posted by DrWahoo
    DH and I went to see it last night. Alot of people like it, but I thought it was the most boring gangster movie I have ever seen. Maybe I didn't like it because right before we went my dad was watching "New Jack City" on TV when we dropped off the kids. To me that was one of the best drug kingpin movies of all time. Even compared to Godfather and Goodfellas this movie was lame. No a lot of interesting characters or personalities at all. Basically, I want my $20 back !!!
    Oh, man, that's a bummer! I really wanted to see that. I just love Denzel Washington when he plays the bad guy. "Training Day" is one of my favorite movies.

Comment

Even compared to Godfather and Goodfellas this movie was lame.
      Are you saying Godfather and Goodfellas were subpar? (clearing throat loudly )
      Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Originally posted by Ladybug
        But I love Goodfellas!
        My point exactly.
        Flynn

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Originally posted by Ladybug
          I feel another movie night.
          SURE -- come on over any time after 6:00 !!!!!!
          Flynn

Comment

Originally posted by Flynn
            Even compared to Godfather and Goodfellas this movie was lame.
            Are you saying Godfather and Goodfellas were subpar? (clearing throat loudly )
            I know, Godfathers I and II, movies don't really get much better than that.

Comment

So sorry I wasn't even saying that Godfather and Goodfellas were subpar at all.

Comment

DH and I really enjoyed the movie. I personally really like Denzel Washington as an actor, so I think I would have liked it regardless.

Comment

I didn't think it was bad, but I wasn't overly impressed either. Denzel Washington was good but there's no way Russell Crowe can pull off being Jewish. He accent was identical to the Irish one he did in Cinderella Man.

Comment

Originally posted by Vishenka69
                    Denzel Washington was good but there's no way Russell Crowe can pull off being Jewish. He accent was identical to the Irish one he did in Cinderella Man.

I haven't seen the movie but I LOL at this comment!
                    Flynn

Comment

We watched this movie last night and thought it was great! I *loved* Denzel Washington in this role, and yeah ... Russell Crowe's accent was a bit ridiculous . Anyway, I can see how people might have thought it was a bit slow, not a whole lot really "happens" but I thought the storytelling and directing were awesome.

It was on the long side, though (2h 38m). I'm pretty tired this morning since baby didn't seem to realize that his milk machine was up late.
                      ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                      -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Working...
                      X