Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Juno

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Juno

I LOVED LOVED LOVED this movie!! We saw it last night (our "date night" my DH gave me as a Christmas gift). I loved how they played the Bateman and Garner characters and how they turned out.

Plus, it was one of those rare movies involving teenagers where you actually understood why these kids loved each other. You "got" it. That's a rare accomplishment. Last time I saw a believable love story between teenagers probably was "Say Anything."

Re: Juno

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife
    I LOVED LOVED LOVED this movie!!
    ITA. I think this one is going to rank on my list of all-time favorites. Amazing job of rounding out all three generations of characters and the way the whole thing plays out among them . . . so good.
    Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
    Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
    Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Originally posted by Auspicious
      Originally posted by GrayMatterWife
      I LOVED LOVED LOVED this movie!!
      ITA. I think this one is going to rank on my list of all-time favorites.

Comment

I LOVED this movie. I think it's one of the best films in a lloooonnnngggg time in the comedy section. It's one of my fav's now, and I haven't added anything to my personal favs since Lord of the Rings. I really want this one on dvd. It ROCKED

Comment

We saw this last Saturday and both of us really liked it. Quirky, yes, and sometimes a little bit over the top with the quirkiness, but very enjoyable. I especially enjoyed Ellen Page (wow!) and Allison Janney and the guy who played Juno's dad.
          We almost went to see Atonement, and I still want to see that, but I am really glad we chose this instead.
          Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

I haven't seen the movie but the cast a screenplay writer were on Oprah yesterday. The woman who wrote the screenplay was a stripper in Minnesota while she was writing it!!!
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Last time I saw a believable love story between teenagers probably was "Say Anything."
              LOL I almost posted the same thing last night, Say Anything is one of my absolute favorites, maybe my very fav movie of all time

Comment

This was one of those rare movies for me that just jumped up and really hit me. I was doing the UGLY cry after Juno delivered. The story line really got to me. I couldn't stop thinking about it all night after we got home. Go see if you haven't yet!
                Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
                "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

I was doing the UGLY cry after Juno delivered.
                  I did the same thing!!

DH and I love Micheal Cera, he's incredibly talented and being so young, we're expecting great things from him.

I liked how the adoption ended up happening. I thought that maybe she would end up keeping the baby, and I'm glad she didn't.

All in all, I really appreciated how realistic it all was. Everything was very believeable.
                  Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

This is a funny youtube video of Michael Cera, making fun of a real videoresume.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAV0sxwx9rY
                    Mom to three wild women.

Comment

We just saw this movie today.

I *loved* this movie. I laughed and cried. Loved Rainn Wilson's cameo (I will probably start calling people "home skillet"). Loved the dialog; Juno's dad and stepmom were *perfect*, and I thought Jason Batemen's character was more sympathetic than Jennifer Garner's, though the whole dancing scene had me totally cringing.

Juno reminded me of Daria, a bit, which is a VERY good thing. I <3 that show.
                      Sandy
                      Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

We rented this one last weekend. I really liked it! I'd heard all the hype and read the reviews (both good and bad), so I tried to go in with low expectations so as not to be disappointed. I think it worked.

Poky - I too want to start calling people "Home Skillet". That cracked me up!
                        Wife to a urologist; Mom to 2 wonderful kiddos

Comment

I just watched it... Didn't love it, but it was OK. :huh:
                          Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Originally posted by peggyfromwastate
                            I just watched it... Didn't love it, but it was OK. :huh:
                            I agree. I liked Ellen Page more in Smart People.
                            married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

We finally saw this and both really liked it.

There are some seriously funny parts but they handled the serious stuff well. Jason Bateman's character was much more rounded out than Jennifer Garner's- hers was the only character that felt like it contrived.

Generally though, I'd give it an 8/10.

Jenn

Comment

Working...
                              X