Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

there will be blood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• there will be blood

Whoa. I am not denying that Daniel Day Lewis is an amazing actor. But 72 hours after seeing this movie I am still trying to digest it. And trying to decide if it was horrible or excellent. I dont do violence and gore ( and infidelity or rape but that wasnt in this movie) and this movie had its fair share. I would like to see DDL play a warm loving person just to see if he could pull it off. I pretty much thought he was still playing Bill the Butcher from Gangs of NY in this role. Cinematography and overall acting were awesome. Seeing someone brains bashed out, not so much.
    Mom to three wild women.

Re: there will be blood

Originally posted by Cumberland
    Whoa. I am not denying that Daniel Day Lewis is an amazing actor. But 72 hours after seeing this movie I am still trying to digest it. And trying to decide if it was horrible or excellent. I dont do violence and gore ( and infidelity or rape but that wasnt in this movie) and this movie had its fair share. I would like to see DDL play a warm loving person just to see if he could pull it off. I pretty much thought he was still playing Bill the Butcher from Gangs of NY in this role. Cinematography and overall acting were awesome. Seeing someone brains bashed out, not so much.
    OK, you've had a couple more days to digest. What's your opinion? I'm really interested because we've got a date night coming up here soon and that was on my list of "I'd Like To See"s.

Comment

Go see it for the cinematic value but do NOT expect a nice cozy romantic feeling after it ends.
      Mom to three wild women.

Comment

Wasn't DDL in "My Left Foot" back in the day? Wasn't that more warm and fuzzy? He ended up in the romantic lead category somehow.
        Angie
        Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
        Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Originally posted by Sheherezade
          Wasn't DDL in "My Left Foot" back in the day? Wasn't that more warm and fuzzy? He ended up in the romantic lead category somehow.

Maybe only us old foogies remember that one

Comment

Originally posted by pinkpickles
            Originally posted by Sheherezade

Maybe only us old foogies remember that one
            I remember that movie.

Comment

Is 33 old? I have heard of it but never have seen it.
              Mom to three wild women.

Comment

Originally posted by Cumberland
                Is 33 old? I have heard of it but never have seen it.
                I don't think so, 33 is fantastic, and I am 29 and I saw that movie back in the day.....

Comment

First-- Wasn't DDL in the Last of the Mohicans??? I am pretty sure-- not warm and cozy, but he was a good guy.

DH rented this movie. It is LOOOOOOOOONG. I didn't know how long it would be. It is pretty slow at the start, actually with no dialog for about 15 minutes, but I can't decide where they could have/should have taken stuff out.

I will say that though I didn't like the movie, I thought DDL was really really great, and deserved his Oscar. I could see where the movie was going whenever a new character/situation was introduced, so that was annoying-- The story line didn't surprise me. There were virtually no females in the movie, except for some really minor roles. This is the kind of movie that they could have students dissect in a college class and write essays on the themes- envy, jealousy, etc., etc. DH kept trying to diagnose DDL's character's mental illness throughout it... :huh:
                  Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

This must have been yet another movie for the anesthesiologist, DH loved it but I'm still (many weeks later) trying to figure out what my feelings about it are. I agree that cinematography was excellent, as was DDL, but the rest was weird. And I don't really get the ending. It would make for a great college class dissection though.

Comment

Great acting.
                      A well crafted movie technically.

The plot?
                      The ending?

I SOOOOO didn't get this movie.

I thought the grafic scenes were MINIMAL compared to "No Country for Old Men."

It left me going :huh: !
                      Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Working...
                      X