Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Eastern Promises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eastern Promises

I just had an informative review written out and somehow LOST IT ALL. What a nice start to the day!

Okay, lets try this again!

Director: David Cronenberg (Crash, M. Butterfly)
    Starring: Viggo Mortensen, Naomi Watts, Armin Mueller-Stahl, and Vincent Cassel

Viggo was nominated for an Oscar (Best Actor) in this role but Danile Day-Lewis took home the award. I can see why he was nominated!!!!

The story was fresh and the acting was exceptional (except Naomi but I'm not a fan of hers so take that for what it's worth). This is an extremely intense, dark, sometimes hard to watch drama. The ending fell flat for me however. I'd give it a B-/C+.

Viggo was fantastic. He just OWNED the part. If you are a Viggo fan it's definitely worth renting -- just be prepared to close your eyes once in a while.
    Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Re: Eastern Promises

What a great cast - I love Armin Mueller Stahl and Viggo Mortensen (YAY for European film!)

I'll check this out! Thanks for the review.
    married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I loved this movie. Viggo Mortenson was amazing in the part. I didn't see the twist in the end coming at all, so the ending wasn't a disappointment for me.

just be prepared to close your eyes once in a while
      Just don't close them during the fight scene in the sauna!
      ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
      -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Originally posted by migirl
        I loved this movie. Viggo Mortenson was amazing in the part. I didn't see the twist in the end coming at all, so the ending wasn't a disappointment for me.

just be prepared to close your eyes once in a while
        Just don't close them during the fight scene in the sauna! [/quote]

OMG -- I was looking through my fingers THE WHOLE TIME. I'm not a squeamish movie watcher but this scene gives the adjectives "gritty" and "realistic" completely new meanings for me. WOWZA!
        Flynn

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

LOVED this movie, but LOVED Viggo in "A History of Violence" even more...

Comment

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife
            LOVED this movie, but LOVED Viggo in "A History of Violence" even more...
            OOOHHH I'll have to add that one to my Netflix list!
            Flynn

Comment

Not a bad movie with the exception of not very authentic scenes here and there. Don't know where the writers were doing their research but DH and I were laughing out loud in some places (and it's not a funny movie). Viggo was great though.

Comment

Working...
              X