Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Indiana Jones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indiana Jones

I won a pair of movie tickets at a bridal shower. Dh and are going to see this tonight.

I wonder if Harrison Ford will be able to pull this off!
    married to an anesthesia attending

Re: Indiana Jones

Oh, I can't wait to see it! I mean, my eight year old can't wait to see it.

Kelly
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

None of us can wait to see it. We're going tomorrow afternoon!

Comment

That Cate Blanchett -- WOW!

I thought it was too violent.

Comment

DH is dying to see this, he's actually arranging for the ILs to come and babysit sometime this week while he's on vacation. This will be the first time in 2.5 years that we've had babysitters for the sole purpose of going to see a movie!
          ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
          -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Hmmmm .... so good to see the old guy in action. I'm torn - there seemed to be a lot more story and less action than in the first 3. For some reason the setting in the 50's seemed kind of kitschy to me, even though I realize they wanted to move it forward 20 years from the first movies. It might be b/c the 50's as a whole seemed kitschy to me.

Quinn was scared, there were definitely some parts where I covered his eyes. Jacob loved it. I'd say 7 or 8 is the right age for this.

Comment

Originally posted by Jane
              Hmmmm .... so good to see the old guy in action. I'm torn - there seemed to be a lot more story and less action than in the first 3. For some reason the setting in the 50's seemed kind of kitschy to me, even though I realize they wanted to move it forward 20 years from the first movies. It might be b/c the 50's as a whole seemed kitschy to me.

Quinn was scared, there were definitely some parts where I covered his eyes. Jacob loved it. I'd say 7 or 8 is the right age for this.
              I agree. There was no real climax in the movie.

I was scared and I'm 30. I had to close my eyes a couple of times.

Comment

We went last night -- grown ups only.

If you like the Indianna character and want to see what happens to him later in life, I predict you'll like the movie. You have to be a "FAN" though IMO. I am a fan, I liked it, but there were some scenes THAT DID NOT work for me. Scenes where I did a :huh: .

I LOVE the INDY character. Harrison does a good job IMO. I was not all that excited about the script or the supporting characters. I wanted to know who this doctor was they needed to find -- I needed more background or character development here.

Additionally, the young man character "Mud" -- I didn't buy that he was a punk and a motorcycle "hood." He could have just as easily had on a blue blazer, combed his hair differently and spoke in a British accent. I think casting was an isuse for me -- at least with that character.

All in all I had fun and was glad we went. I laughed outloud several times.

I agree with the posters who said there was a lot of story...not as much action.

I'd give it a C+ (and I think that's a little generous ).
                Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Originally posted by Flynn
                  I am a fan, I liked it, but there were some scenes THAT DID NOT work for me. Scenes where I did a :huh: .
                  Like the one where Mutt gets stuck in the vines, then sees how monkeys move and starts swinging out of the jungle? That one annoyed me to no end.

Comment

Originally posted by Jane
                    Originally posted by Flynn
                    I am a fan, I liked it, but there were some scenes THAT DID NOT work for me. Scenes where I did a :huh: .
                    Like the one where Mutt gets stuck in the vines, then sees how monkeys move and starts swinging out of the jungle? That one annoyed me to no end.
                    Yep! This was EXACTLY the scene I was thinking of when I wrote that sentence. I mean, C'MON!!!!!!!

Oh and the guy's name was Mutt? Add to the list that his mumbling bothered me!
                    Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Working...
                    X