Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Death at a Funeral

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death at a Funeral

I don't see a review for this so I'll start a new thread. Holy cats, this movie was hilarious. If you need a laugh, this is a good one to get. Even better if you have been plagued by family drama because hey, at least you don't have this going on.

Here's the description:

The funeral for the patriarch of a wealthy but eccentric British clan is turned topsy-turvy when a stranger appears claiming to be the dead man's gay lover in this dramedy directed by Frank Oz and starring Peter Dinklage, Matthew Macfadyen and Rupert Graves. The dysfunctional family grows wackier as the deceased's sons decide they can't let the rest of the guests get wind of this revelation. But can they get the cat back into the bag?

Re: Death at a Funeral

good to know! I almost downloaded this on directTV last night, but wimped out - ordering nothing. maybe tonight ...

Comment

I watched it, mostly, but just couldn't get into it. So I turned it off early. :huh: I usually like British comedies, but this one felt really slow and drawn out to me...

:huh:
      Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

The first 30 minutes or so are slow and then it picks up. I haven't mailed it back to Netflix yet and I think I am going to watch it again.

Comment

We both loved this movie, it was absolutely great. Four thumbs up from us.

Comment

Hahahahahaha!!!!!
            This movie is hilarious! Thanks, Nellie!

I had a harder time with the British English than my dh, and had to have the undertitles on.
            married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

We watched this last weekend. I've seen funnier and quirkier British comedies, but it was entertaining and fun to watch.
              ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
              -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

I saw this last night- it IS slow for the first half hour or so but OMG- it was so funny after that! I actually was laughing so hard I snorted.

Jenn

Comment

I was biased against this movie, because it was recommended to us by someone who just two sentences earlier had been talking about how *awful* a movie Shawn of the Dead was, which....is not exactly a great indicator of taste, to me. I was knitting while I watched it; from what I did see, it definitely had some funny moments, but wasn't nearly as good as Shawn (or Hot Fuzz, for that matter).
                  Sandy
                  Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Working...
                  X