Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Wall-E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wall-E

Amazing experience! DH and I went last night (9:40 show so not many kids - we were actually more worried about all the teens!) It was sooooooo good! I can't really believe that a "cartoon" had such amazing messages and really got them across. All I can say is "WOW". I think I may have to see it again...

A side note: Steve Jobs of Apple is on the board of directors for Pixar...if you are a Mac user, keep your eyes and ears open for little shout-outs to Apple!

Other side note: The theater we went to had NO stadium seating, and still used a real projector...WTF? It's in a "nice" area - you'd think they'd upgrade a little bit...it did spark some talk between DH and me about how much things have changed in even the past 10 years!
    Jen
    Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Re: Wall-E

Loved WALL-E!

I cried a bit. Yes, that's the kind of boob I am. The kids loved it, even if it was a bit over their heads in message. Really cute, but dark in a strange way.
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

:wee: Oooh. Thanks for the reviews. Hopefully we'll get out to see it this week!

Comment

We went to see this tonight, and the reviews here were positive for the most part. My 10 year old was the lone negative opinion, because he said he likes movies where there is more talking. Fair enough! Honestly, I probably do too, but this was plenty entertaining even without dialogue. Also (although this is not too much of a concern for us anymore) I would say that it is less scary than many other kid movies.

Sally
        Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

We are taking DS as soon as he gets back in town next Friday (he's with my folks for a little grandma&grandpa-time). DH has shown him a ton of the teasers on the web and he's SO excited! They've been talking about seeing it for two months now. I am so glad there is a "G" movie out there that is appealing and well-done!

Comment

We saw it today and Bryn and I both enjoyed it. It was a little long and outside of Anna's grasp -- she just isn't into robots and space and that sort of thing. She liked the comical moments.

I loved the OCD cleaner robot. Reminds me of a certain someone I live with.

Comment

Saw it this weekend with DH and my 15 year old sister. we all loved it. My old roomie from HS worked on this flick (she works for Pixar) and told us it was a must a few months back. I am really impressed with Pixar's work and I think the political side to the movie was great. I would highly recommend it!!!
              Danielle
              Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

My 7 yr old DD and I went a couple of nights ago and I absolutely loved it. She giggled so much thru it. What I loved the most was afterwards she completely got the message without me having to explain anything. Both of my DDs are big recyclers and environmentalists. It was nice to see that message being directed towards kids.

Comment

I'm going to put "Hello Dolly" on my Netflix list. The clip from that movie was among Anna's favorite parts.

Comment

Awww! We saw it today! What a sweet movie! There were lots of teens in the audience so my 12 YO wasn't freaked out to be at a G rated animated film. (That's the norm as of late. ) I thought it was a love story!

"Ev - a!"
                    "Wall-E!"

*sigh*
                    Angie
                    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

My boyfriend and I loved this movie! There was moments of laughter, tears (or watery eyes for him), profound thought, etc. I really hope that we, collectively, can change our behaviors so that we don't wind up in that situation.

Pixar is great at making inanimate objects express emotion. I never thought that it was possible to make such a connection with robots. I love Wall-E! And Ev-a!
                      Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

DS had such a time! He loved Wall-E, although he became very concerned at the end during the scene where it looked like Wall-E was crushed or damaged (I was sort of surprised that it was rate G, between that intensity and the scenes where Eva blew up the oil tankers!). But DS seemed reassured when I told him Wall-E would be OK.

The first thirty minutes were entertaining. I didn't really think the pretty one-dimensional human beings added much. As a whole, I thought the movie was kind of preachy: humans ruin everything with their pollution and consumerism. Thanks for the morality lecture, Pixar. Um...aren't you a Disney affiliate?...the mass consumeristic Wal-Mart of entertainment...yeah, that's a tad bit of the pot criticizing the kettle as black.

Comment

It entertained the kids and didn't annoy the hell out of me, which makes it a success in my book. I didn't find it incredibly touching or anything, but I was still recovering from having paid more for popcorn and drinks than for the tickets to enter the movie... That might have dampened my spirit.

Luke still runs around the house and says Eeeevaaaah, though. It took me a while to figure out what he was talking about, and then one of the twins clued me in. We saw it on the 4th of July, and they are still talking about it a lot, which never happens with a movie... I think the kids really liked it.
                          Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

My kids took me to see this for my birthday! My 18 year old son just went last night with his girlfriend and he wanted to see it again. We all loved it!
                            I can relate about the popcorn prices though

Comment

The whole family went to see it, and we all loved it. My 4 year old got a little restless toward the end, but was impressed enough to come home and draw a picture of Evaaaaa. My older kids liked the part where Wall-E tried to categorize the sfork.

Comment

Working...
                              X