Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

The Dark Knight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dark Knight

There is some unbelievable acting in this movie.

Heath Ledger and Aaron Eckhart were spectacular!

The audience cheered for Ledger when his name came up in the closing credits. What an extraordinary talent. Dh and I were both wowed.
    married to an anesthesia attending

Re: The Dark Knight

Alison, I heard on one of our local morning TV shows, that it is really graphic. He said it was "kind of like, the guys from the Saw made a batman movie"
    I have only caught glimpses of the slasher movie on previews and cable, so I was quite surprised to hear this! They said it definitely is not for younger Batman fans.

Comment

I winced in a few spots, but it was much more tame than the most recent Indiana Jones movie. :huh:

Heath Ledger. Wow. Really. There's some Oscar buzz surrounding his role.

Comment

Originally posted by alison
        There is some unbelievable acting in this movie.

Heath Ledger and Aaron Eckhart were spectacular!

What an extraordinary talent. Dh and I were both wowed.
        The acting in this movie was amazing. Heath Ledger completely blew me away. I can totally see why he had problems sleeping after playing Jocker. It didn't feel like a typical comic book action movie. There was a lot going on plot-wise too.

Comment

I think that after listening to various people talk about how disturbing the movie was, I was not as disturbed as I anticipated! Overall, excellent movie. Heath did an excellent job in his role. It makes you really feel for those who lose all connection to reality.

Question: Did anyone else notice how his story about the scars kept changing?

DH's only complaint was that "Batman" talked in that gruff voice, as if (his words) "the people don't recognize his chin"
          Jen
          Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

I thought that the story about the scars changed on purpose. The Joker would alter the story to fit the situation, it also made you wander if any of them was real and make him seem even creepier for making stuff like that up.

Comment

Originally posted by Vishenka69
              I thought that the story about the scars changed on purpose. The Joker would alter the story to fit the situation, it also made you wander if any of them was real and make him seem even creepier for making stuff like that up.
              Yes, he would always start off saying "Do you want to know how I got these scars? Well...." He was being funny in his creepy way.

I loved the part where the Joker dressed up like a nurse, and then left the patient's room and sanitized his hands.

I loved this movie.

Comment

The best part was when he walked out of the hospital...like nothing was unusual!
                Jen
                Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

DH and I saw this last night and really enjoyed it. Heath Ledger was amazing as the Joker. It was weird to watch it knowing that he wasn't alive to see the premiere of the movie.
                  Wife to a urologist; Mom to 2 wonderful kiddos

Comment

Working...
                  X