Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Mamma Mia!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mamma Mia!

Has anyone gone to see this yet?

I am debating going to see this tomorrow while my boyfriend goes to see "Dark Night" with a couple of his friends. The pyschological aspects of these most recent Batman movies don't sit very well with me (nightmares).

Anyway, I saw Mamma Mia! in Las Vegas last summer and I liked it. Although I didn't know much of the ABBA music, I loved the story. This movie has eye candy too: Colin Firth & Pierce Brosnan. So, I believe that good story + nice music + good looking men may = an enjoyable afternoon at the movies. I will share my review if I happen to see this tomorrow.
    Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Re: Mamma Mia!

Well let's see: Pierce Brosnin, Colin Firth, Meryl Streep, Cheesy Disco Music?

Oh yeah. This one has my name written all over it. I'm there baby. I just have to figure out childcare.

Kelly
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Originally posted by house elf
      Well let's see: Pierce Brosnin, Colin Firth, Meryl Streep, Cheesy Disco Music?

Oh yeah. This one has my name written all over it. I'm there baby.... I just have to figure out childcare.

Kelly
      ITA I am considering going on my own this week, when my childminder, house helper extraordinaire comes!

Comment

Me three, ladies. I think that is an excellent use of babysitting time.

Comment

I decided to go shopping last Saturdady while the BF and his friends went to see The Dark Knight. I dropped them off and picked them up from the movie theater. I felt like I had three boys, because the time in the car was complete with "I have to go to the bathroom" and "Let's touch every button in the car". Who would have thought 25-year old men could be such PITAs?

Anyway, I digress. I saw Mamma Mia this past Thursday night with my DM. It was really good!! Pierce Brosnan was hawt, although I would rate his singing skills as a C+ (at one point I actually cringed). Colin Firth was hot too, and he was a little on the awkward side (similar to his character in Bridget Jones' Diary, which I love). I could have done without the guy that played Bill; it was a little hard to see exactly what Donna had been attracted to 20 years earlier. Meryl Streep was really good. Her singing was very solid, at some points I felt like she was overacting. The girl that plays Sophie was excellent - easy to believe that Meryl was her mamma.

Overall, it was a great movie. It moves along very well, and stays pretty true to the play (from what I remember seeing last June). I just remember there being more to developing the relationship between Donna and Sam. It feels like they haven't really resolved everything when they get married. (I hope I am not spoiling the movie for others... ) And wasn't there some sort of dream sequence involving Sophie the night before her wedding?

I hope you all get a chance to see it soon and that you enjoy it!
          Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

I saw this with my mom last weekend. It was a really fun movie, but I love all musicals so you can't really go wrong with me. It was a 98% women audience, but so many people were laughing and my mom laughed so hard she was brought to tears. So I think it's a good time with a girlfriend or two.

Comment

I saw this with a friend last week. We were hysterically laughing the entire movie, especially when Pierce Brosnan had to sing. We both loved it but I think our reaction was a bit unusual.

Comment

Working...
              X