Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Netflix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Netflix

Does anyone else use Netflix.com to get their movies?

We switched to this service about 6 months ago because we dislike Blockbuster for several reasons. We LOVE Netflix, but we're running into a problem with it: our movies tend to disappear when we mail them back to Netflix. Netflix absorbs the responsibility for this, but now so many have been stolen that they're going to cancel our account because they simply can't afford us anymore. I even tried mailing them from a different postal code, but now ANOTHER one has gone missing, and I'm afraid to report it to them for fear of getting our account canceled again.

Anyone else use them?
    Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
    Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
    Lev Grossman, The Magician King

We just started using them this month and so far everything has gone well. (ok, we're 2 for 2!) My husband was wondering about that very thing though- how many actually make it back. Food for thought, thanks.

Jenn

Comment

I looked into this service. Netflix works well if you are close to CA. That's where their distribution center lies. If you are on the East coast, it takes forever and a day to receive and send back DVDs. I started using RentMyDVD.com for this reason since we're on the East Coast. RentMyDVD.com has 3 distribution centers - one being on the East Coast. Heard customer service is not very good with Netflix - if you want to cancel they give you a hard time. I had no problems with RentMyDVD.com. Service was great and they made it easy for me to cancel when I wanted. The problem was the lack of selection. Netflix has a bigger selection. However, I'm back to being a regular at Blockbuster. It's fast, convenient, and I get to see the newest movies when I want. Online renting is a good concept but I really think that it needs to franchised in order to reach more people. Operations are poor - lack of distribution centers and title selections. Who knows? Maybe something will pop up in the future. Hope this helps!

-R

Comment

Good news, Netflix does now have East-Coast distribution centers. I think they're one of those companies that went from a very small operation to a very large operation in a very short period of time--once they caught on they expanded rapidly. I'm not sure how many centers they have now, but the location we mail our disks to is only a few miles from our apartment, and they go back and forth in a day or three.

I went ahead and reported our latest lost movie, and they didn't suspend our account, so for now we're back on good terms with them.

Hopefully increased competition will make all the players in this market shape up.
        Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
        Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
        Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Our distribution center (Netflix) in Texas is in Houston so it takes all of a day to get the movies!

Jenn

Comment

I’m so glad to hear positive reviews of this service, since I’m going to need it! My new home in Arkansas is going to be great, but the only way I will be able to get the foreign/art house titles I like is to use a service like Netflix. Hopefully I’ll have good luck too.

Elizabeth

Comment

Working...
            X