Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Chicago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicago

Jory & I went to see Chicago tonight. The first shock was that we actually did something!!!! It was wonderful, and I usually don't like musicals. I would see it again.
    Luanne
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

We saw this last weekend and both loved. Chicago is one of my favorite musicals and the movie was a great adaption. Who knew Catherine Zeta-Jones could sing and dance?

Comment

I was off yesterday for President's Day and went to see it all by myself. I loved it. I think if you like Broadway musicals you'll love it, and if you don't, well, you'll be my brother--a female friend dragged him to it and he now says she owes him BIG. Extremely well done, and deserves all the critical buzz it's been getting.

One thing though--I'm tired of hearing all the hardships the 3 leads went through having to sing and dance and all that jazz. When they've done 6 stage performances a week for a year, THEN they can complain.

Comment

I saw this yesterday with my friend who is visiting from Massachusetts. (She enjoyed seeing something other than a "G" movie!)

We both loved it, to the point that when we left the theater, we went straight to the Borders next door and bought the soundtrack, which we then listened to in the car on the way home and again during dinner!

Jenn

Comment

I borrowed this from my MIL and watched it this weekend. Surprisingly, I really liked it. I thought that it was wonderfully made, and the way the musical numbers were incorporated into the story made perfect sense and was well-done. The only negative thing I have to say about it is that I came away not really caring about any of the lead characters, but maybe that was the point (I'm not sure). DH refused to watch it with me, so maybe it is only for the girls!
          ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
          -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

My husband and I just watched it last night and we both loved it. It was really nice to see something different for a change. The songs/dancing were great. A funny, sexy and entertaining movie I really want to see again...I get the feeling that a second time through would reveal a few details I missed (cool dance steps, for example).

Comment

Working...
            X