Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Adaptation & 6 Feet Under

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adaptation & 6 Feet Under

Saw Adaptation last weekend, it was the best movie I've seen in a while. I can't beleive it wasn't nominated for an Academy Award. Also, we've been renting the first season of 6 Feet Under - the HBO original series. We has seen the second season but missed the first. It is the greatest show. All of the actors are great and all of the characters interesting. The new season should start in a few weeks, can't wait.

We rented Adaptation last night and loved it. A really original and interesting movie with some surprises along the way.

And....tonight is the season finale for season 3 of Six Feet Under. We can't wait!!!

Comment

Six Feet Under

Nellie, Thomas and I have completely cleared our evening calendar for tonight...We are absolutely ADDICTED to this show. It is definately the best thing on..the only thing that gets me a little bit is how explicit they are with some scenes It is more information than I need

kris
      ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
      ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Kris,
        We don't have cable and our neighbor is kind enough to tape the show for us. Usually, we watch it mid-week. But tonight I think I will run over to get the tape after the kiddo is in bed so we can see what happens.
        We are just *dying* to find out what happened to Lisa (did you see the preview last week when Claire sees her??). The SUSPENSE!!!

And I agree, it is a little, um, blunt. But it usually doesn't bother me too much. Graphic but not gratuitous, in my opinion.

Enjoy!

Comment

6 feet under

I just saw it...it made me cry

kris

Comment

Kris,
            Yes, it made me cry a few times too. How can I wait 39 weeks for the next season to start!
            I don't want to say too much and ruin it for anyone....but I really like how much Claire was a part of this episode.

Have you ever looked at the "wake" on the HBO website? Sometimes there is an interview with the writer or producer of the episode (yes, I am a total junkie). Anyway, Alan Ball (the creator) directed the last episode and talks about it (link below). I thought he had some really interesting thoughts about Nate & Lisa's relationship and some spot-on points about Brenda and addiction that I totally agreed with (but never had the right words to explain).

http://www.hbo.com/sixfeetunder/postmortem/index.shtml

(Note: DO NOT look at this link if you want the ending of the season to be a surprise).

Comment

6 feet under

Nellie...I think it is ridiculous that we have to wait sooooo long for the new season. What the heck is up with that????? I was calculating it out and the baby will be here and be a couple of months old 8O Isn't it starting again in February???? Who makes these rules?

The scene with Claire and Lisa (w/ baby) absolutely blew me away and broke my heart. My mom has been watching it obsessively too and she missed it. She called me to find out what happened and I cried while I told her As if it were real life......I'm such a geek.

Really, the whole season was just a huge emotional roller-coaster. The fact that he ended up back at Brenda's house really bugged me though....everything coming full circle....

I was also horribly disappointed in Rico...I know that things were tough with his wife's depression...but I was so saddened by what happened.....I expected more from him.

kris

Comment

Kris,
                Again, warning: Don't read this if you don't want to know what happened!

The scene with Lisa and Claire . Talk about a tearjerker. I wonder what happened to Lisa. Do you think Lisa killed herself since she said she felt much better now -- or something like that. Or is it that the afterlife is so much better? What do think that means for Claire and her relationship with Maya? Do you think she will step in as a mother figure?

I was disappointed about Nate going to Brenda too. But maybe since she is in a different place now, mentally and such, maybe she can help him or have a more appropriate (and platonic) relationship. Eric and I thought that it seemed that Nate and Brenda changed places -- she is sober and celibate and he is drinking heavily and having sex with anyone.

And how about when Ruth saw Nathaniel crying in the pantry? That just broke my heart too. I think it was right for her to move into her new life but....oh.

And Rico. So, so, so disappointing. I wonder where that is going to go. His sister-in-law is a real piece of work. No excuse though.

You have to read that interview with Alan Ball and tell me what you think!
                Nellie

Comment

Working...
                X