Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

The Ring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ring

Has anyone seen this? I rented it and am watching it tonight. I LOVE scary movies as long as DH is home to watch with me. I heard it's really scary so I'm really psyched!

I heard this one was "pee your pants scary". Sounds too scary for me. I'd spend the rest of the month waking up in cold sweat.

Let us know how you liked it. Even though I can't watch it, I'm still interested in what the story line is etc.

Comment

Well, I finally watched it last night by myself (bad move). DH was home but kept having to field calls from the hospital. I had to wait til the kids were all in bed. DH also went to bed early knowing he'd get calls all night.

It was scary but I'm pretty good about separating reality from fiction and knowing that it was pretty implausible kept me from getting too scared. It's also pretty hard to get me rattled. There were some frightening images and the final terror was pretty worthy of a "holy sh!t" moment but I went to bed thinking it wasn't that scary. If anyone wants to know what the movie's about, I'll post it but don't want to ruin it in case someone might still see it.

Anyway, so then I go to bed. I'm cool with it. Then the wierdest thing happened. I woke up in the middle of the night thinking someone's in the room other than my sleeping husband. I'm a little freaked out but since he was there, I was alright, but I couldn't go back to sleep. Then he gets paged and goes to the living room to return the page and closes the door behind him so that his talking doesn't disturb me. Then I feel really sleepy and fell asleep. I had this nightmare that I was lying in my bed as if it were real and kept hearing these scraping sounds at the bedroom door all the while hearing muffled sounds of husband talking on phone in the background. I'm really freaked out but in this dream I can't move. Different variations of movie scenes flash before me and I'm screaming thinking husband will rush in to see what's the matter. But since this was a dream and I'm not really screaming, he's still on the phone unaware of the nightmare in the bedroom. Finally after what seemed like hours, he comes back in and I wake up relieved but terrified of my dream. Now I can't go back to sleep again. A little later he gets paged again. I roll over and tell him to leave the door open. A little puzzled he asks why. I tell him I had the craziest nightmare the last time he went to answer his page and I didn't want that to happen again. He leaves the door open and goes to answer his page. I lay there determined not to fall asleep and really fighting it while he was gone - a little ironic since I couldn't sleep when he was next to me. I must've fallen asleep because it happens again. A nightmare in which I'm in the bed hallucinating all these horrifying images. He comes back to bed and I wake up for a short while then fall back to sleep just completely mentally and physically exhausted.

It was so wierd!

Comment

That's a little freaky--especially since you didn't feel that scared when you were actually watching the movie. I'm a wuss when it comes to movies, so I don't generally watch scary movies, especially if I think there is a chance that I'll have to be home alone at night.
        Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Damn, who needs to watch the movie?! Just reading that makes my hiar stand on end! That is freaky, I am not good with scary movies, neither is DW.

Comment

The ring

This is the most horrific movie...I really hated it. It made me feel really weird and awful....I just don't really do horror/scarey flicks...At the end, Thomas wanted to watch the special features where they just show that little 'death film' and it gave me the creeps. I left the room......and was expecting the phone to ring when he was done watching it. I hate bizarre films.....ugh...I can so relate, ThuVan..

Matt...loved your response. Don't rent it, btw!

Kris
            ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
            ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Thanks, I won't! I will stick to my silly comedy and DW's sappy love stories!!

Comment

Great! Ron just rented it today!!! Now I am afraid to watch it.

Jennifer
                Needs

Comment

I'd see it again!

Comment

I thought it was good, although very scary. I was freaked out the whole night and made sure my husband didn't fall asleep on the couch. I still get chills when I think about it.

Jennifer
                    Needs

Comment

OK, I'm NOT going to rent it based on this advice - but now I am a bit curious, what is the movie about that makes it so horrific?
                      Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                      With fingernails that shine like justice
                      And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

I think it's because it's actually really scary--in a smart, creepy, unsettling way, instead of the usual plotless blood-spattered gorefests that Hollywood keeps cranking out. I'm crazy about it and would recommend it to anyone who likes the spooky stuff--it's in the "Sixth Sense" and "Silence of the Lambs" vein--but if you (like my husband) don't like scary movies, you'd be better off staying away. It kind of gets into your head and won't leave--I'm still thinking about it.

I watched it late at night with all the lights in the house off--and I'm telling you, if my phone had rung anywhere during it, I think I'd have lost control of my bodily functions. Yow!! I even watched it again the next day, and was still bothered by it. Now THAT's a good scary movie...

Comment

Working...
                        X