Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Maid in Manhattan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maid in Manhattan

Just watched it yesterday on video. I liked it, but I like predictable, chick flick movies! DH liked it too. But to balance it out, he rented Rambo which I have never seen and he thinks that is a travesty. So we'll be watching Rambo. Can you tell he hasn't started med school yet what will the free time to watch videos???

Maid in Manhattan- my favorite character was the little boy. I thought he was very cute!

Peggy
    Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

I plan to rent it this weekend.
    Luanne
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

To follow up- he accidentally rented Rambo part 2. So I guess I still have to watch Rambo part 1 even though I saw rambo part 2 and I think that's enough!!

Anyone else's husband a Rambo fan???
      Peggy

Comment

Mine is huge Scarface (Al Pacino) and Die Hard (Bruce Willis) fan. We have the entire series of both movies.

Comment

My husband took me to see Die Hard II on our honeymoon, and I think it was the first action movie I had ever seen. I was fascinated and repeated Yippie Ki Yay m*****f****** at appropriate times for months afterward!

Sally
          Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Sally, that is hilarious and definitely classic Bruce! [/quote]

Comment

My husband was in utter disbelief that I hadn't ever seen any of the Godfather or Star Wars movies. Since I hadn't seen Star Wars, I decided to wait for the whole series to come out and watch them in sequential order. So far, I've only watched the very first one (not really the first one but the one where Anikan is a kid).
              Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

That's funny about not having seen Stars Wars yet, Sue. We just watched them all here at our home since DH wanted my 7 year old son to revel in the wonders of the Force. In the last month or so I've seen them ALL over again and I'd have to admit, they're pretty good and since it's been ages since I first saw them, it was like I watched them for the first time.

Comment

My oldest son (who is named Luke) has been obsessed with Star Wars since he was about 2. I can clearly remember the first time he watched it -- he learned to work the VCR really early (bad mommy ) and one day he took out the Star Wars trilogy (in its nifty case, now shredded and pitiful looking) and popped the first one in. Since I was in the stage of pregnancy that Kris is now in, I was laying on the couch. I saw what he was doing and thought, "Oh yeah right -- a two year old will actually sit and watch Star Wars." I decided to skip the battle I knew would ensue if I told him "no" and just pop it out and put it away when he got tired of it.....which I was sure would happen after a few minutes.

WRONG!!!!!!! 8O

He watched at least two of the movies that day, and by now (he is almost 8 -- and yes, he is planning a Star Wars birthday party, the third time we have had that theme) I think I have the original trilogy just about memorized. I am not a big space or science fiction fan, but for me, these movies have stood the test of time and they don't annoy me at all, even though I have seen them many, many times. We also own episodes 1 and 2 on DVD, and the fascination continues....

Moral: If you name your child Luke, and he asks you why so many people come up to him, say "Luke, I am your father" and then laugh hysterically, do NOT tell him "Oh, it's from a movie called Star Wars" unless you want to spend a lot of time with the crew of the Millenium Falcon and their enemies.

(His soccer coach also once screamed "Luke, use the Force, son!" down the field at him when he wasn't paying attention to the game. We almost wet our pants laughing.)

Sally
                  Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

I love what the soccer coach said Sally! Whenever I meet a Luke I ALWAYS think of Star Wars.

My kids are avid Star Wars kids too. I couldn't tell you how many times we have seen the movies. All of my boys will sit through them. Of course, we also have had our share of light sabres, which even my older kids still want! We own them all. I have great memories of seeing the first three movies growing up. Though Return of the Jedi was completely ruined when I went on a DISASTEROUS date. I can't watch it without thinking of this jerky guy!

I have never seen any of the Godfather movies though.

Robin

Comment

Robin, that cracks me up about Return of the Jedi!! I too, went on a terrible date and saw that movie....we don't know each other do we??!!

Comment

Not unless your name is Doug in an earlier life!

Robin

Comment

My brother (now 34 years old) has been a huge Star Wars fan since we saw the movie with our grandparents and parents when it first came out. I remember the movie theater was so crowded that we had to sit seperately and my mom was all wigged out about it.

A couple of years ago, I was visiting my parents house, and my brother was there. I guess my sister-in-law must have been on a business trip or something. So, what do we do? Watch the entire triology from start to finish, just the four of us, like it was 1977 (?) all over again!

Jenn

Comment

I look forward to the day when I can watch Star Wars with any of my kids- my oldest, although 7 and thinking she's very mature, is a major weenie when it comes to movies and would have nightmares galore if she saw all the Star Wars creatures! She even gets scared when we walked by it playing on the tvs in Costco....

Come to think of it, I don't think my husband has seen the entire Star Wars trilogy yet. Maybe we should watch it before he goes to medical school... After we finish Rambo, of course, and MY education is complete!
                            Peggy

Comment

Isn't Return of the Jedi the one with the big slug thing that had captured Princess Leah? If so, I think that would be the perfect movie to see while on a bad date...

Robin, you HAVE to see the Godfather. I don't know why, but you do. Just parts 1 and 2, if you ask me. 3 isn't so good. 2 is the best.
                              Peggy

Comment

Working...
                              X