Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Sherlock Holmes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sherlock Holmes

DH and I went and saw this on Christmas Eve. I loved it, but then again I can never get enough RDjr.
    Brandi
    Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

I loved it as well - saw it with DH, both BIL's and FIL (MIL didn't want to see it)! I especially loved his logical abilities and how they played out during fights!
    Jen
    Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Going to see it in one hour!
      Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Gah, I really didn't like this. I'm not much of an action movie type, so that isn't terribly surprising, but still. Too much Dan Brown novel thrown in there. And how did they end up on top of that bridge, anyway?

(Sorry, spoilsport, I know.)
        Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

I loved it! The movie's soundtrack was really unique too--I may download some of it.

(though I'm not really sure how they ended up on top of the bridge either)

It really held my attention, and Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law showed off their acting chops as usual. (and they are so pretty!)

I liked the fiancee as well--Miss Bingley from Pride and Prejudice!
          Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Just looked up the soundtrack--it's by Hans Zimmer. I should have known. He did the music from The Holiday too--it is just so good!

Comment

Saw it last night.

LOVED it!!!

Can't wait for the sequel!
              Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
              With fingernails that shine like justice
              And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Dislike. I guess I was hoping for a more thoughtful who-done-it. I love Downey but this was like Iron Man in London for me. I thought the manic speech patterns that Downey used made the "deductions" hard to follow. Honestly, they seemed to gloss over a lot of his reasoning in favor of action. But....it was a Guy Ritchie movie. I should have prepared myself. Obviously, I got distracted by the image of Downey on the posters and forgot to read the credits below.

Also, I had to take our daughter out of the theatre because she got freaked out in one of the fight scenes. She probably shouldn't have been there given it was PG-13 (she's 10) but she is a Sherlock Holmes fan and was looking forward to it. We did enjoy the London scenery since we traveled there this summer.
                Angie
                Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Originally posted by Sheherezade View Post

Also, I had to take our daughter out of the theatre because she got freaked out in one of the fight scenes. She probably shouldn't have been there given it was PG-13 (she's 10) but she is a Sherlock Holmes fan and was looking forward to it. We did enjoy the London scenery since we traveled there this summer.

RDjr, without a shirt, was enough for me.. I would pay 9 bucks for that anyday... This is what happens when your husband works to much..
                  Brandi
                  Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

I don't know if I liked it or not. I guess it was alright. It made me think of Edgar Allen Poe and Harry Potter a lot more than Sherlock Holmes. It was also very predictable at times, even though it's not technically a Hollywood production. I would see the sequel after it makes it to Netflix.

Comment

Working...
                    X