Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We saw this a couple of days ago w/ SIL and FIL, and we were all completely blown away. I had medium- to high-level expectations for it since it's gotten such good reviews (both from the media and friends), but I still came away totally impressed.

The storyline is a little weak, but the visual effects make you kind of forget about that. It's an absolutely stunning movie to watch and absorb, and I *highly* recommend seeing it in 3D. Amazing.
    ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
    -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

I agree! We saw it on IMAX 3D, and we walked out of the theater joking about how we wish real life could be as "real" as that!

They don't go for the cheap, things jumping out at you from the screen. It just looks like you're there. So much fun! The story is nice, too. Like migirl said, it's nothing spectacular, but the characters are interesting, and the world they create is pretty well developed.
    Laurie
    My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

We saw it on Monday and I was very impressed. We didn't get the best seats, but it was still worth craning my neck for. I agree that they didn't go for cheap, gimmicky effects like throwing stuff at you and that was very refreshing. I think the story was simple, but only on the surface, and it makes you think after you leave the theater. But I won't start a debate here.
      Cristina
      IM PGY-2

Comment

I heard a reviewer call it "Dances with Smurfs"--same plot as "Dances with Wolves" but everyone was blue.

Comment

Haha! That's a good one. Here's something DH came across on Reddit:

Cristina
          IM PGY-2

Comment

We saw it on Imax 3D. Amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by MissCrabette View Post
              Haha! That's a good one. Here's something DH came across on Reddit
              Laurie
              My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

I didn't see it, but my almost 9 year old just saw it this morning in 3D with his friend. Said it was "Super Cool" and "AWESOME!"

Comment

We are headed out in about an hour to see it. All these positive reviews have gotten me really excited to watch it!!
                  Danielle
                  Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

We watched it on NYE and we really enjoyed it in 3D.
                    Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

We have already seen it twice in 3D - nuff said.

Comment

I was "dragged" to see it wih DH. I say dragged because I don't usually like the reality mixed with fantasy type movies. It's real or it's not, you know?! And the trailers made it look like it was just an action movie.

But, I loved it, totally not what I expected. I don't think the story was weak, it's plausible. We don't know what's out there. If such a world did exist, I'd trade it for this one any day
                        Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
                        Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

Originally posted by MrsC View Post
                          I don't think the story was weak, it's plausible. We don't know what's out there.
                          When I said that I thought the storyline was "weak," I didn't mean it was implausible. I meant that there wasn't a whole lot of depth to it.

Anyway, my SIL just went to see it a second time yesterday!
                          ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                          -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Originally posted by MissCrabette View Post
                            Haha! That's a good one. Here's something DH came across on Reddit:
                            Thanks for the laugh tonight!

DH and I saw it on Friday night and we both LOVED it. It really is revolutionary as far as film-making goes - on par with the special effects of the first Star Wars movie did for film making decades ago. And, I thought the story was simple but sweet. I liked that it ended happily - but not sappily.

Now I'm going to have "blue kitteh" in my head the next time I see it, though!
                            Last edited by Rapunzel; 01-10-2010, 06:20 PM.
                            Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                            With fingernails that shine like justice
                            And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

From Failblog:
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by SoonerTexan; 01-12-2010, 01:31 PM.
                              Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Working...
                              X