Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Up in the Air

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Up in the Air

I really liked this. It's a bit sad though but Clooney is great and totally carries the movie. There's a priceless conversation between a 23 year old and late 30s something about what they're looking for in a man and life in general. It totally reminded me of me 10 years ago.

Two thumbs up.

DH and I saw this over the weekend, and I agree. It's fantastic.
    ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
    -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Ditto. We saw it this weekend and liked it. There are some not so happy moments in this flick but well worth the watch.
      Danielle
      Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

loved it! Totally a "slice of life" movie, not really judging so much as allowing the viewer to form their own opinion, which I enjoy. My husband was philosophizing about things all the way home, and he's not usually a thinker after movies. And yes, I agree, the "what you want in a man" conversation was one of my favorite parts, !

Jenn

Comment

We really enjoyed it. DH travels ALL THE TIME, so all of the "elite" loyalty cards being sexy was just hilarious to us. We paid $50 to see it (waited to get tickets and then had to buy the "cinema suites" ticket where you sit in a recliner and get waited on), and still came out please with our evening.

Comment

Ok, we've been meaning to see this movie for awhile now so I better do it soon before it leaves theaters. Especially after reading all these good reviews.

Comment

I just saw this yesterday, in the comfort of J's family's living room. I guess J's grandfather is an actor and part of the screen actor's guild, so he gets all the movies nominated for awards to vote. I enjoyed the movie. I thought it was funny yet realistic and there were a lot of conversations I felt I have had, or could have. Though let me tell you, a few uncomfortable scenes to be watching with your not yet in-laws.
              -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
              Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
              Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Originally posted by L.Jane View Post
                I just saw this yesterday, in the comfort of J's family's living room. I guess J's grandfather is an actor and part of the screen actor's guild, so he gets all the movies nominated for awards to vote. I enjoyed the movie. I thought it was funny yet realistic and there were a lot of conversations I felt I have had, or could have. Though let me tell you, a few uncomfortable scenes to be watching with your not yet in-laws.
                I love the "for your consideration" tapes (or DVD's as I'm sure they are now ... it's been a long time since I had access). Yeah, though ... I can imagine a bit of discomfort.

Comment

I saw this on Friday, and I agree it's really good! It brought back some fond and not-so-fond memories of my first job (lots of travel).
                  Laurie
                  My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Working...
                  X