Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Despicable Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Despicable Me

Cute. Hilarious in parts. I was a little leery of going because part of the premise is that the main character adopts three little girls but has nefarious reasons for doing so. I didn't want that little factoid to come back and haunt me later.

The good news is that it all ends well, as we all knew it would. and in the meantime it's a generally good plot for a animated movie- I don't think anyone goes to a kid cartoon for deep thinking, either.

Anyway, I would give it two thumbs up as would the dude. There are some moments that might give little kids some worry but even my (actually adopted) kid didn't seem fazed by it at the end.

Jenn

Thanks for the post. I really want to see it! How old is your Little Dude? Mine is six...would it be age appropriate?

Comment

He's six as well. There are some adult humor jokes that they won't get (The Bank of Evil is subtitled "Formerly Lehman Brothers" for example) but it's not too violent or scary. Star Wars is decidely more of both in comparison.

Jenn

Comment

Excellent! Thanks. DS has a camp-free, playdate-free, grandparents-free week in August (while I'm still on my modified maternity schedule, where I work primarily at home). I am really excited to spend a whole week with him, doing fun stuff (yeah--I've already told my judge this will be a vacation week for me...). I'm putting that movie on the to-do list!

Comment

We loved it as did all of our kiddos (well except the baby who ran around with her daddy in the lobby for most of the movie).
          Tara
          Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

I thought it was cute - but not great. I probably would have liked it more if I hadn't just seen Toy Story 3, which was awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakti View Post
              I thought it was cute - but not great. I probably would have liked it more if I hadn't just seen Toy Story 3, which was awesome.
              I would agree with that. Toy Story 3 is in a completely different category of awesomeness.
              Tara
              Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

We haven't seen TS3 yet so you're probably right.

Jenn

Comment

Agree that TS3 is a different level of fabulous. Think I'll take the kids to see this this weekend, hopefully it's still out somewhere.

Comment

Should have posted awhile ago, but DH and I went to see this. Hilarious! I don't think I've laughed that much at a movie in a long time. I agree it's not exactly on the same level as TS3, but it had some nice plot twists and wasn't entirely predictable. I want a Minion of my own - they were part of the reason I laughed the whole time!!
                    Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

Working...
                    X