Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Matrix Reloaded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrix Reloaded

Anyone seen it yet? Or planning to? My bf and I went to see this the first weekend it was out. It was definitely entertainin and had some crazy special effects/fight scenes. It raises some interesting questions also if you're into the whole sci fi thing. I'm interested to see the third one later this year.

Sharon

I forsee this movie in my future, although I really don't like Keanu Reeves. My husband thinks the first matrix was one of the greats, so he can't wait to go see matrix reloaded.
    Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

I found it disappointing, and so did my boyfriend, though to a lesser degree. I'm not normally much of a sci-fi fan, but I really liked the first Matrix and was really looking forward to this sequel. Too bad. (Not that this will stop me from seeing the third one when it comes out . . .)

I highly recommend the X-Men sequel instead.

A caveat for both the Matrix and X-Men, though: don't see either sequel without seeing it's original, or you won't know what's going on.
      Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
      Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
      Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

I absolutely loved the Matrix sequal! It has superb twists at the end that set up anticipation for the final movie. What I love about the Matrix 1 and 2 is that they don't contradict themselves. By this I mean the Wachowski (sp?) brothers have created a fictional world/reality that remains consistant and consistantly obeys the fictional laws governing it. Isaac Asimov did a very good job of "defining" the "laws" of the sci-fi universe. The brothers W. have done a great job in turning those laws on their ears and redefining sci-fi laws of reality. It is so good! I just really enjoy movies that make me think!

One note, however: The Matrix 2 does contain an unnecessary scene that significantly takes away from the plotline. It is the "erotic" scene midway through the movie. It truly disrupts the momentum of the story and does not add a single necessary element to the plot. I thought it was a disappointing commercial addition. Truly a "gratuitous" sex/eroticism scene.
        Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
        With fingernails that shine like justice
        And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Mike and I saw this last Sunday at an almost private screening (the first one of the day). While nothing will ever match seeing the first one for the first time, the sequel was quite good--great effects and action, and I loved the conversation Neo had with the Oracle. Not perfect, but well worth seeing on the big screen.

Comment

Working...
          X