Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

If you've seen HP7 ***will include spoilers***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you've seen HP7 ***will include spoilers***

Okay - it's been open for the weekend. Let's discuss.

Overall I liked it - it was great. I was troubled / annoyed by a few changes, though. They basically left out every use of Harry's invisibility cloak, and at times when it makes no sense not to use it. They didn't have Harry disguise himself at the wedding, they had the polyjuice potion wear off while they were still at the Ministry, and there was one other time that escapes me. Since the cape turns out to be one of the Hallows, I don't get why they did that.

I have more thoughts, but will wait to see what others say.

I agree with the cloak thing. I am not sure why they never used it. Overall I really liked it, and I don't want to wait very long for the next one.
    Brandi
    Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

I always love anything HP but I can't imagine seeing this film without having at least seen the other films OR having read the books. They are rushing to get in LOADS of material.

Oh yeah, I still can't believe JK killed off my beloved houseelf.
      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Just saw it a 2nd time, now have more issues.

They really messed with the opening scene when Harry gets moved from 4 Privet Drive to the Burrow. Inthink they were trying to make it "cooler" with the freeway stuff, but they messed with the chain of events, etc. Then the switch from stopping off / using port keys to going directly to the Burrow. I think my beef here is just that I was really looking forward to seeing Helena Bonham Carter play her twin. She just does batshit crazy SO well.

They really toned down the meeting with Scrimgeour, then they had Harry attend the wedding w/o disguise.

Then they entirely left out how Kreacher is the one who helped Regulus retrieve the horcrux.

I really didn't like that they had Harry show himself at the Ministry - he'd never have gotten out of there.

They never stated that there was a trace put on Voldemort's name.

There is more. It was a good movie, and I know they have to cut stuff out, but these irked me.

Comment

ITA with the Blair Witch thing. I had the same thought.

Comment

I saw it with my mom while home for Thanksgiving. We both decided it had been too long since we'd read the books or seen the other movies. And I have to say, not remembering what's going to happen makes it much scarier!

That's all I have to offer. The nitpicks don't usually bug me too much... there's too much there to expect it all to end up in the movies.
            Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Originally posted by oceanchild View Post
              We both decided it had been too long since we'd read the books or seen the other movies. And I have to say, not remembering what's going to happen makes it much scarier!
              Yes, this! I'm sure I would've been more bothered by things if the books and movies had been fresh in my mind. I had planned on at least watching the other movies before seeing this, but life got in the way. I thought this was probably one of the best, probably because they didn't try to cram the entire book in one movie. Then again, maybe I only thought that because I couldn't remember all the things they left out.
              Cristina
              IM PGY-2

Comment

Working...
              X