Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Bridesmaids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bridesmaids

How has nobody posted about this yet? I went with a friend to see it tonight, and the 7:45 show was sold out (weeks after it's been open), so we opted to see Bad Teacher. It had it's moments, but was meh at best. As we were heading out, we checked the schedule and saw that Bridesmaids was running again at 9:45, so we went to see it.

I haven't laughed that hard in AGES. It's been billed as the "female" Hangover, but it's more than that. There were awww moments, there were teary moments, there were could-have-been-sappy-trap but not moments, and I had a personal moment when Annie's mom turns out to be obsessed with AA meetings even though she's not an alcoholic. My mother was a TOTAL 12 step addict, and if she couldn't find one of her "regular" meetings (Al Anon, ACA, OA), she'd go to an AA meeting, but stand up and say "Hi - I'm Laura and I'm an alcoholic." just so no one thought she was in denial.

Today was the 15th anniversary of her death, and I about peed my pants at that.

I saw Kristin Wiig on Dave Letterman and he mentioned that it was getting high praise!

Re: your mom ((((Hugs))))

Comment

I had started a thread about this around the time that it opened because I had gotten the opportunity to see it before it premiered. I completely agree with you, it's HILARIOUS!

Honestly, I had seen the trailer for it, and based on that I wouldn't have bothered to see it. But since I'm the MOH in my sisters upcoming wedding, I thought it would be fun to go see with her and since it was free, what the heck. Totally glad I did and I'm even happier to hear it's still selling out weeks later. I was worried the trailers would not get peeps to theater & it wouldn't get the attention it deserves. The cast did a fantastic job depicting the characters & it's definitely not your average chick flick. DH was laughing so hard he cried which gave me bragging rights later because he didn't originally want to go either. My sister thought it was so funny she took her fiance to see it with her when it opened. It's got enough raunch for guys to enjoy too.
      Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

DH laughed so hard he cried too! I hadn't laughed that hard in a long time. We really like Kristen Wiig on SNL. I actually went to see it a second time with friends.
        Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

My mom is taking the boys for a week and DH is off nights starting on Thursday. I am so making him see this with me!

Comment

Working...
          X