Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Monsoon Wedding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monsoon Wedding

We rented this over the weekend and really liked it. It is set in India so the majority of the movie is in English but there are some subtitles. It is the story of a girl who is about to marry a man who has been chosen by her parents, and also follows the storylines of various family members and friends. It was very entertaining (the costumes and rituals were beautiful and interesting to watch!) and very touching at times. I highly recommend this one!
    ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
    -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

I agree--I thought this was a very entertaining movie that left me happy.
    Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
    Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
    Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

I wanted to see this in the theater when we lived in San Antonio, but unlike normal towns, San Antonio's one theater that played movies other than the biggies- was in the outskirts of town.

I'll rent it soon.

Jenn

Comment

I bought the soundtrack on CD--it's wonderful music to cook by!

Comment

I saw this a few days ago (love that Netflix!) and thought it was a great movie. Not only was it entertaining, but from what I understand, does an excellent job of capturing what life is like for modern middle class Indians dealing with long-standing customs and traditions. I loved the romance between the wedding planner and the family's maid. It was so sincere.

Highly recommended!

Comment

I cried so much in this movie and at the end wasn't very happy with the whole movie....I was happy with the ending though...I guess I'm just a big weeny with movies...I cry in a lot of them...
            Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Originally posted by nmh
              I loved the romance between the wedding planner and the family's maid. It was so sincere.
              This was my favorite storyline too, I thought it was so beautiful!!
              ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
              -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Working...
              X