Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Favorite Holiday Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Holiday Movies

What are your favorite holiday movies? (I'm saying holiday to encompass them all, I'm not being pc to avoid saying Christmas )

I'm not sure there's really anything for Thanksgiving besides Peanuts.

For Christmas we usually watch Grinch, Rudolph, Frosty, and Peanuts. I love A Christmas Story and Christmas Vacation but it's been years since I have had time to watch either.

Would you believe neither I nor DH have seen Miracle on 34th St? (or is is 32nd St?)

Christmas vacation; peanuts and Elf!
    Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Elf!
      Veronica
      Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

"The Ref" for Christmas, and "When Harry Met Sally" for New Year's are our traditions. We usually catch A Christmas Story, too, since it's on nonstop all day xmas eve.
        Sandy
        Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Love Actually, The Santa Clause, It's a Wonderful Life...

Comment

Love Actually, The Family Stone, Christmas Vacation
            Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

I love "The Christmas Toy", "The Snowman", and the old claymation movies

When I was little, we would also watch "The Night They Saved Christmas" - it was always a bit scary to think that the North Pole almost got blown up
              Jen
              Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Elf is my fave! I also love the old ones like rudolph, frosty, and little drummer boy. ummmm I would really like to have Glee's Christmas episode from last year on dvd too...
                -Mommy, FM wife, Disney Planner and Hoosier

Comment

Love Actually, Its a Wonderful life, A Christmas Carol.
                  (Yeah, I know I'm Jewish. I still go xmas light hunting, love Trans-Siberian Orchestra's Carol of the bells, and sing loudy to All I want for xmas is you lol)
                  -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
                  Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
                  Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Love Actually is one of my all-the-time favorite movies, but it's best at Christmas.

And the Claymation Christmas special ("Here we come a-waffling...") usually comes out at least once at my parents' house.
                    Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Elf, Nightmare Before Christmas, Polar Express, Miser Brother's Christmas, Frosty the Snowman, and The Muppet Christmas Carol are all very popular in our house.

I haaaate the Jim Carey version of Grinch and refuse to watch it. Dude creeps me out.

Comment

On the Love Actually train! A Christmas Story . Our holiday card last year was based on a Christmas story!
                        Danielle
                        Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

Originally posted by poky View Post
                          "The Ref" for Christmas.
                          One of my favorite movies. Ever.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife View Post
                            One of my favorite movies. Ever.
                            Heh. What does that say about us, huh?
                            Sandy
                            Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

I've got Nightmare Before Christmas memorized and have the CD in my car. DH thinks I'm a little nuts.

I'm so excited to have so many titles to add to our list. (no really, since I started birthing babies my head's been in the sand!) Is Lemony Snicket a Christmas movie? I'm planning on tucking little notes into our advent calendar box of things to do - with Christmas movies/shows as part of it.

Are there any decent Hannukah kid shows? I don't recall ever seeing one.

Comment

Working...
                              X