Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Midnight in Paris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midnight in Paris

Ahhhh...A home run! I absolutely enjoyed this film and LOL many a time. I thought of how much DCJenn might enjoy this!
    If you love art history & the great literary giants, if you know now the allure of Paris, then you will be in for a fantastic& humorous treat. Owen Wilson is so good in this!

Yes! I loved this, too!
    Laurie
    My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

I loved this movie too!! Left the theatre with such a nice feeling.

Comment

Ooo I've been wanting to see this one. Need to put it on the netflix list...

Comment

Really? My MIL and I tried to watch it last night and we both found it to be so boring that we both fell asleep. And I like Owen Wilson.

Comment

I just really enjoyed all of the icons from the '20s. Time travel movies have been done ad nauseum, this however was just so fresh & original.
            Last edited by Momo; 12-22-2011, 01:13 PM.

Comment

The only potential problem I see is Woody Allen. I dislike him, I don't know why. That one movie he's in with diane keaton, i forget the name. Annie Hall? Anyway, it completely turned me off to woody allen forever. He's just directing, though, so maybe it won't bother the film.

Comment

Woody skeeved me out when he fell in love w/and then later married his daughter (by marriage to Mia Farrow)!

Comment

I'm also turned off by Woody Allen movies. His complex inner dialogue that he puts into scripts and characters exhausts my brain. My husband loves following the wealth of details though.

I watched this movie per your recommendation and I also found it fresh and original.

There were maybe 2-3 scenes that were very typical Woody Allen but it didn't bother me so much in this flick with all the different yet familiar characters from history. I think he was completely off on Hemingway, Dali and Picasso though. As if they were hyper exaggerated depictions of their characters in Woody Allen's mind which is all supposed to be in the mind of the lead character Gil Pender.

So many overlays but the scenes and beauty of Paris are worth it and the comedy light.
                  PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

We saw this this evening and liked it! 1.5 hours is just about the right length for my attention span these days. I thought it was a little overkill on the soft lens filter. Paris isn't that soft and romantic looking from up close!
                    married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Maybe that's why they used the filter. If I could have seen Paris through a soft lens, I may have liked it. Lol.
                      Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Saw it the other night after reading this thread. I liked it, but DH wasn't a fan. I liked Rachel McAdams character and her family...because I know people like that
                        Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Working...
                        X