Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Troy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Troy

"The Iliad" was one of my favorite books from high school, so I really wanted to see this movie. I thought the movie was really good and did a good job retelling the story surrounding the Trojan War. The movie was also very, uh, visually appealing with Brad Pitt, Orlando Bloom, and Eric Bana. My husband also liked it, there were a lot of battle scenes and action sequences so it kept his interest too. It's a big, sweeping epic and definitely worth seeing.
    ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
    -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Ooh! I loved it too! A girlfriend of mine (who's as rowdy as I am) and I went to see it last night with the expectation of seeing some fine beefcake, and we were NOT disappointed. The battle scenes were pretty hot too. The only thing I didn't understand was the casting of Helen--the actress was kind of 'meh', not the greatest beauty of the Earth who made all the goddesses jealous.

And I've discovered my dream job (I thought it was to be a travel writer): I want to be the "oiler" on the set of "Troy"! "C'mere honey, you don't look quite sweaty enough, let mama put some more baby oil on you." Ahhhhhhhh...

Comment

I want to be the "oiler" on the set of "Troy"! "C'mere honey, you don't look quite sweaty enough, let mama put some more baby oil on you." Ahhhhhhhh... [Wink]
      Tee hee

That job search would be very competitive......

Angie
      Angie
      Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
      Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Originally posted by goofy
        I want to be the "oiler" on the set of "Troy"! "C'mere honey, you don't look quite sweaty enough, let mama put some more baby oil on you." Ahhhhhhhh... [Wink]
        Tee hee

That job search would be very competitive......

Angie

I was thinking the same thing. I would give you some pretty tough competition for that job, Elizabeth!
        ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
        -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

DH and I watched this tonight. I went into it with low expectations(of the movie - not the men in it! ) but I was pleasantly surprised. It's a long movie and I couldn't even feel it.

I never read The Iliad - I'm going to have to read it now. Definitely worth watching.

Comment

Working...
          X