Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Spiderman 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spiderman 2

We saw this yesterday and thought it was ... OK. I really liked the first one and had heard that this one was better than the first, so I had pretty high expectations going into it. I didn't think it was better than the first, but I didn't think it was worse either. It's your typical summer blockbuster, lots of action, some cheesiness, and a little romance thrown in for good measure. I think if you liked the first one you'll probably like this one, I wouldn't say "Run out and see it!" but it's entertaining for a couple of hours.
    ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
    -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

I saw this with BF over the weekend and liked it much more than I thought I would (my expectations were very low since I didn't care for the first one).

The action sequences were good and I loved Alfred Molina's villain. There's definitely a dose of cheesiness and a taste of Sam Raimi's brand of horror. I thought some of the humor was very clever too.

All in all, a good time if you're not looking for something serious.

Comment

This is a great movie! It is a cheesy comic-book movie, so you have to go into it expecting that - it's not like the makers of the film were expecting an Oscar or anything. If you like action, a good plot, and some really fun acting you will enjoy this movie!

Comment

DH and I finally saw this tonight. He was pretty neutral, but I loved it. I'm a sucker for superhero flicks. I would *love* to be Spider-Woman. 8) Definitely some cheesy lines "Go get 'em, Tiger!" but the action sequences were SO cool.

Comment

pretty good...

I thought this was a little slower than the first one...but overall, pretty good. I also heard that this was better than the first, but I think I was more blown away the first time. Definitely worth seeing the action scenes. Plus, I'm a sucker to know what's going on between Peter and Mary Jane. I think they also set the 3rd movie up pretty well at the end. I heard that they're in the works to start filming it, so I'm sure it'll be yet another interesting installment.

Comment

How funny - this must have been the weekend for Spiderman2. I was excited to see it bc I liked the first and had heard great reviews, but we were a wee bit disappointed. Maybe it was that we were both exhausted and started it late to begin with, but we felt like it dragged on too long and the storyline wasn't as good. It was okay, but definitely not a WOW flic.

Jen B.

Comment

We just watched this movie and I thought it was pretty good! The action scenes were pretty cool, and I liked the occasional flashback to the first movie since I forgot some of the details. My kids (who I don't generally let watch this type of thing since they scare easily) were on the edge of their seats.
              Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

My daughter scares easily, too. She LOVED this movie. I kept waiting for her to freak out. Instead she turned to me (in the theater) and said "Mom, we gotta *buy* this one!!" Who knows why? I was so happy to have an action flick my son would like that didn't scare my girl.
                Angie
                Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Working...
                X