Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Finding Neverland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding Neverland

BF and I saw this yesterday (we wanted to see Sideways, but the theater was having technical difficulties, so they let us see this one for free). I really liked it. It's a fictionalized version of James Barrie's inspiration for writing Peter Pan. Johnny Depp and Kate Winslet were great in it and I really enjoyed how they incorporated fantasy elements in a movie about imagination. The story's very moving also. BF thought it was a little slow, but liked it.

I agree, this movie is wonderful but come prepared with the kleenex. I thought JD was adorable in this movie...he is sooo handsome! Kate Winslet is great as always. Definately worth seeing!

Comment

We watched this last weekend and both actually really liked it. I wasn't all that enthused to see it (my in-laws own the DVD so we borrowed it), so I was very pleasantly surprised. The child actor who plays Peter is amazing, and of course Johnny Depp and Kate Winslet were great too. The speculation about Barrie being a pedophile made some of the movie feel a bit weird, though.
      ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
      -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

I saw this on some plane ride on the Russia saga and forgot to post. I really enjoyed the movie. I thought the story was great, and of course Johnny Depp is one of my top 5 anyway. (Has been since 21 Jump Street!)

I thought the Kate Winslet charater was pretty well done, and the woman who played her mother did a fine job of the Victorian Woman.

I'd actually like to see it again, although in a comfortable seat this time.

Jenn

Comment

I liked this too. I thought that Barrie seemed more asexual than anything else (as presented in the movie) but I wondered if that was for the sake of the movie or not.

Comment

We rented this last weekend, too, and thought it was really well done. Definitely a three-hanky flick, though.

Sally
            Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

more like 52 hankies for me. (anything where a parent dies sets me off on a tangent of things i should have gone to therapy for). I just sat in my living room, alone at 1AM SOBBBING ... heaving, sobbing ... it was ugly.

But a really wonderful movie.

Comment

Working...
              X