Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Napoleon Dynamite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DH and I loved this movie. We've been quoting since we saw it too.

Sorry I'm late. I just got done taming a wild honeymoon stallion for you guys.

edit: I found Napoleon doing the Top 10 list on Dave Letterman.

http://www.milkandcookies.com/links/24858/

Comment

It's amazing how long this thread has gotten, but I'll throw in one more little tidbit. IMDB has a compiled list of quotes from the movie, it's hysterical!

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0374900/quotes
      ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
      -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

I really wanted to like it... but I just didn't!

Comment

Originally posted by BumbleBee
          I really wanted to like it... but I just didn't!
          That's ok, Esther, the important thing is that you tried.
          ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
          -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Esther - I was truly horrified by most of it (perhaps more so because my husband was able to relate to much of what was going on). But, there were portions that were absolutely hilarious in a really bizarre way (like the "skills" to get girls). It was a "different" movie that's for sure.

Jennifer
            Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
            With fingernails that shine like justice
            And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Oh I totally agree that it was different! And I think it's cool that it can generate this much discussion.

I tend to not get the humor in a lot of American independent movies, for some reason, so I guess I'm not surprised that I didn't love this one.

Comment

Loved it--it was so darned random at times!
                Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

DH and I laughed so hard during this movie that we were crying, and I practically started hyperventilating!! Okay, if that last part there doesn't clue ya'll in on the fact that were band geeks in high school.

I actually woke up in the middle of the night laughing about the movie. I've watched it three times, and I always get misty-eyed at the very end when Napoleon is with that crazy-haired gal.

Just to let you guys know that Dillards now has t-shirts with quotes from the movie for $15. I got DH one that says, "Don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day". Man, that makes me laugh. Need to go home and watch it again. Lord, I need a life!!!

Comment

I liked it- but I think it's one of those movies that needs to be watched a few times before it all jells. At least for me.

The milk tasting scene killed me though because I had a very brief interlude in the FFA in junior high. (back when there actually were farms in the DC suburbs!)

Jenn

Comment

Well, we saw this in the midst of the chaotic month or so before our move, when we were really in need of comic relief. DH and I watched it and wheezed (no energy for anything more) with laughter. I ended up getting the movie for Mother's Day! So now my kids are hooked on it too, and we hear the lines a LOT around here. One of my favorites is the "Always and Forever" wedding song (too funny....."I love technology, but not as much as you you see, but I still love technology") and "I worked for two hours on the shading of your upper lip". And of course "Make yourself a dang quesidiLLa"!

Funny story....when we were in the midst of this movie (watching the DVD way too often) my 3 year old was bonding with one of my third grade students....he would see this boy during after school care and they were just really sweet together. So DH and I were asking him about it to see what he would say, and we said "Nathan, do you like Ryan?" and Nathan said, in true Napoleon fashion, without skipping a beat, "He's only my best friend." We laughed for a long time about that.

Without this thread, the movie would not have even been on my radar screen, so thanks, whoever started this!

Sally
                      Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Working...
                      X