Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Garden State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garden State

This movie was so good! It's about a guy in his mid-twenties who goes home to New Jersey for his mother's funeral. It follows him through a few days at home after being away. There are some great characters peppered throughout the film and it plays into the belief that we actually need to feel the things we try to supress with antidepressants. Definitely worth checking out.

I agree, this was a fantastic movie! We're huge Zach Braff fans ("Scrubs" on NBC), so we were both really excited to see this. It's a quirky, typical indie movie - really enjoyable!
    ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
    -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

I seem to be the only person who doesn't like this movie-- my friends think I'm nuts! I didn't think any of the funny parts were funny and Natalie Portman's character was excrutiatingly annoying.

Comment

OK, my sister had talked me out of adding this to my Netflix queue (she thought it was slow and didn't have much of a plot), but after reading your reviews, I'm going to get it anyway. I love Zach Braff, although I can't for the life of me figure out what in the hell happened to Scrubs. It used to be on Thursday night but the last several times I've tried to watch it, it hasn't been on.
        Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Add me to the "liked it" column. I think if you liked Lost in Translation this one is probably worth checking out, but I'd give Lost in Translation an A and Garden State a B.
          Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
          Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
          Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

We want to see this one, too....big "Scrubs" fans here, as well....and Sue, it has moved to Tuesdays.

Sally
            Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Thanks Sally...I don't know why they keep moving that show around. I kept meaning to look online but I would never remember until Thursday night. Yay--that means it is on tonight!!!
              Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Scrubs won't be on for a couple weeks. It'll be back on the 18th (Tues) at it's new time: 9/8C.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up Esther--and here I was gettng all excited!
                  Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

I really liked it- but it's a quirky kind of movie. It's pretty angst ridden at times, and the 'funny' parts are just as often 'funny' in that 'please don't ever let that happen to me' kind of funny.

I thought he did a good job and if he does another movie- I'll go. I also thought the helmet parts were funny- but that's probably because I have known so many people who have had to do that.

Jenn

Comment

Working...
                    X