Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

In Good Company

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Good Company

Two thumbs up from us. This movie stars Dennis Quaid, Scarlett Johanssen, and Tophir Grace. It was funny and had a touching human quality to it. It could have easily gone the way of artificially sweet and predictible but didn't. Ok, so it is predictible -- there is a happy ending and a tell off the man speech but it could have been waaayyy more predictible and the movie leading up to that makes it worthwhile. I had a personal appreciation for the Teddy K worship as it reminded me of the blind devotion to a certain jerknose leader of a company I used to work for (who, if there was any justice, would be in jail).

Disclaimer: We saw this in the theater which means that we left the house by ourselves. And then got to see a movie that wasn't animated and didn't involve singing and dancing Australian men. That in itself contributes greatly to my enjoyment of the movie.

btw -- Tophir Grace played Eric Forman in That 70's Show. Duh!! I didn't figure it out until we got home and it was driving me crazy the entire movie.

I agree, we saw this movie last night and both really liked it. The acting was fantastic, and the storyline was enjoyable. I sort of felt like the ending was a bit too 'tidy,' but DH argued that had it gone the other way (sorry if too vague, don't want to give away plotlines though) that that would have been the tidy ending. Anyway, it was a good way to spend a couple of hours.
    ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
    -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Originally posted by migirl
      I sort of felt like the ending was a bit too 'tidy,' but DH argued that had it gone the other way (sorry if too vague, don't want to give away plotlines though) that that would have been the tidy ending.
      I agree -- and I think they could have gone really overboard and really tidy (in terms of continuing a particular relationship) but didn't.

Comment

But I wanted that particular relationship to continue. It would have made it a perfect storybook type movie, which would have been ok to me, since it wasnt completely realistic. My DH even liked this movie, I think for the same disclaimer as Nellie mentioned.
        Mom to three wild women.

Comment

SPOILER WARNING IN EFFECT

So, did you want the relationship between Dan and Carter to continue? Or the one between Carter and Alex? I guess I was thinking it would be way too tidy for Carter and Alex to get back together. But I did want to see the relationship between Dan and Carter to continue b/c Dan was sort of the father figure Carter never had and there was something sweet about that.

Comment

We saw this movie this past weekend also. It was a good show.

The truly sad part about this movie, if there is such a thing as it doesn't really end sadly, is that there is a whole generation of "Carter's" coming up in this world without the father figure/relationship and it creates people with attitudes for the work place like his was. A sad thought, but a very true one.

Comment

Working...
            X