Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

The Notebook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Notebook

I didn't see this listed...sorry if it is somewhere already.

We rented this movie over the past weekend, Valentine's Day. It is a heartbreaking story, and at the same time a vivid love story. I am sure that the book is much better than the movie as is usually the case. It touched us deeply, both our grandparents have dealt/are dealing with Alzheimer's and it's just sad...for loss of better words.

A good movie, best bring the tissues, though.

I read the book and I loved it, then saw the movie. I enjoyed both, but I definitely recommend reading the book as well!

Comment

I read the book back when I worked at a nursing home and I thought it was very good. Haven't seen the movie yet, but my sister AND her dh both cried when they saw it!
      Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

My dad was just telling me about this movie. He said it was really good, and for him to like a love story, it'd have to be! Its definately on my list of movies to check out.

Comment

I just saw this movie and really loved it. It goes at the heart of love and what it means to really love someone for your whole life in spite of all the ups and downs.

Rent it!
          Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I loved this movie. We watched it when we were flying somewhere and I was just sobbing on the plane. I think DH even shed a tear or two.

Comment

I went to see it with my mom, when it was in theaters. We both bawled at the end. Once I got home I bugged DH all night to promise not to leave me in the nursing home all alone and to die on the same. He said I was crazy and not allowed to watch any more movies with my mom.

Comment

Originally posted by Vishenka69
                I went to see it with my mom, when it was in theaters. Once I got home I bugged DH all night to promise not to leave me in the nursing home all alone and to die on the same. He said I was crazy and not allowed to watch any more movies with my mom.
                Vishenka, that's hilarious!!

Ok, don't anyone throw things at me but I didn't actually like this movie that much. I just thought the whole thing felt kind of contrived, maybe the story was told better in the book.
                ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Working...
                X