Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

March of the Penguins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March of the Penguins

DH and I took our son to see this a few weeks ago. It was the most precious movie, but it is definitely a documentary, and our son was getting bored toward the end. It is really interesting, but I would not recommend taking a child under 4 just because they may have trouble following some parts and become bored. The movie itself is great, and is especially a refreshing escape from all of the junk you see on movies!

We really liked this movie too, with the exception of the old guy sitting behind us who had to make some kind of comment on every scene to his wife ("Interesting...", "How about that...", "Hmmmm..." - OMG just SHUT UP already!!!)

Wait, what was I talking about? Oh yeah ... this movie was really good. Just don't sit in front of that guy.
    ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
    -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Jane- not to hijack your story but when we were in San Antonio we bought season tickets to the Broadway series at the theater. Every single time we went the guy behind had eaten something horrible and proceeded to belch between us for the entire show.

I thought Rick was either going to punch him or prescribe him something.

So, don't sit in front of that guy, either.

Jenn

Comment

We just saw this tonight at home. If you have an emotional 5yo, I am not sure I would watch this either....we had to stop it and explain the reasoning that some penguins didn't make it to the breeding grounds, some mothers didn't make it back from eating due to seals, some eggs didn't make it because it was to cold, some babies didn't make it because it was to cold....and that was about as far as we got before the waterworks wouldn't stop. He was just so sad :| That is quite a lot of nature and survival of the fittest for a 5 year old to handle though.

The show is amazing though, I can't even imagine the number of hours someone had to freeze their a&& off to get a few minutes of good footage!

Comment

We thought this movie was incredible. I wasn't sure how our 5 year old would handle it, but she actually did OK. She asked a lot of questions but didn't seem especially bothered by it. It was really an amazing, touching, story.
          Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

We almost liked the extras better than the movie itself!
            It's basically the entire movie narrated by one of the French guys and includes shots of the base (where they live), shows the two French guys who do the field work and HOW the camera work is done. It's about an hour long and in many ways much more engaging than the actual documentary itself.
            Alison
            married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Working...
            X