Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Hotel Rwanda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotel Rwanda

OK- This is a seriously heavy-duty movie that keeps you riveted. No wonder Don Cheadle won the Oscar. (or was he just nominated? If he didn't win, he should have)

It's about how he rescues 1200 Hutus and Tutsis during the Rwanda Massacres.

It is amazing. Not necessarily a light-hearted movie but I definitely think it should be seen by high schoolers on up. You home schooling parents need to keep this on in mind for some pretty amazing research and conversation afterwards.

Jenn

Five stars here as well. This is an important film to watch.

Kelly
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Cheadle was nominated Jamie Foxx won. I haven't seen either film.

I'm sure it's amazing and I should watch it. I just have a hard time sitting myself down to watch what I SHOULD.

Comment

I live under a rock lately...I haven't even heard of this movie. I'm ashamed... :!
        ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Jenn P.-

I've had this movie through Netflix since July. It is definitely the kind of movie that you have to be in the right frame of mind to get through.

The horrific things that human beings do to each other...

This movie needs to be on that list of things to watch to make you recommit to be nice to people who don't necessarily deserve it just to make the world a better, nicer place. Schlinder's List, The Killing Fields, Dead Man Walking, Born on the Fourth of July, A Lesson Before Dying- and more- all need to be required viewing for all high school seniors, IMO.

Maybe I'll go back to school to get my teacher certificate in History.

Jenn

Comment

I so want to watch this movie. I know what you mean about being in the right frame of mind--I've had it for a couple of months (Netflix) and I finally returned it. I don't think I can handle it right now, but I'm definitely going to check it out again in the near future.
            Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

We just watched this last night and it was excellent. WOW. If you see this movie, you have got to watch the interview with the real Paul & Tatiana Rusesabagina (in the special features section of the dvd). Very powerful and inspiring.

Comment

Working...
              X