Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Match Point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Match Point

Saw it over the weekend with my mom and we both loved it. It is really unlike any other movie Woody Allen did. London setting, English cast and absense of Woody himself really make you forget that it's one of his films. The storyline is loosely based on American Tragedy and the ending is very interesting. Definitely recommend seeing.

It arrived in today's mail and we'll watch it once dh gets home from work at 9ish tonight. We're like passing ships. I work mornings until noon, he starts work at 1pm and gets home a little after 9...
    married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I really liked this movie. I agree with Vishenka about the movie not being typical for Woody Allen. Slightly slow at the beginning (and with the development of characters), but an intriguing take on fortune (in the sense of luck).
      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Great movie, we both really enjoyed it. We had a very basic idea of what it was about, so it was fun to try to figure out what was going to happen. I've never seen any other Woody Allen movies , but I really liked this one.
        ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
        -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Gosh, I found this movie too slow for my taste. I stopped watching after the first 30 minutes.

Comment

I saw this movie in the theatre and enjoyed it. It was a bit slow, but tolerable. I did not know it was a Woody Allen film when I went. I think that helped. The people I went with were disappointed because they were expecting an Allen movie. They told me after the movie when we were discussing it. I like thrillers and mysteries, so maybe it was just my thing. A little predictable at the end, but not so bad. (And I had my hair cut like Charlize after the film!)
            Angie
            Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
            Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Re: Match Point

I finally got around to watching this last night. I've had it from Netflix for weeks. Many weeks.

It was a little disturbing, perhaps because I went in thinking "Woody Allen" and not expecting it to be so tense. I agree -- interesting take on luck and fate. It was predictable in that I knew 15 minutes were left and the most reasonable ending would be the way it turned out rather than the other option.

Comment

Working...
              X