Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

DaVinci Code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DaVinci Code

I'm really surprised that no one had reviewed this yet. Hopefully that means I'm the only one who was dumb enough to waste $ on it. Not awful, but not nearly as good as the book (they never are). The things they changed I really didn't like. They made Sophie be much more of a follower, more helpless -- and in the book I remember her being the primary codebreaker. They made Langdon more of a skeptic about the Grail ledgend, while in the book I remember Langdon being a "believer" ... and the ending ... ick.

Paul Bettany gave the best performace of the film, IMO. I never thought I could feel sympathy for the Silas character.

If you feel you must see it, wait to rent it.

Yeah, this movie was average. As in most cases, the book was MUCH better. I think the cerebral aspect of the book (all of the thinking, puzzle-solving, historical recitation, etc) just didn't translate well to the big screen. It was an ok rental, DH is one the 14 people who never read the book and thought the movie was all right.
    ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
    -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

I'm just now getting to read the book . I've been too busy reading other fare such as Us and trashy romance novels.

The book is fabulous, a good story with the right level of detail and explanation. I can't stand Michener and Jakes' level of historical detail.

The movie was enjoyable, although I hadn't read the book yet. Besides, I love Tom Hanks. Even when he was back on Bosom Buddies. There is an endearing quality about him.

Kelly
      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Originally posted by kmbsjbcgb

The movie was enjoyable, although I hadn't read the book yet. Besides, I love Tom Hanks. Even when he was back on Bosom Buddies. There is an endearing quality about him.
        I agree. I didn't read the book so I probably enjoyed the movie more than those who did. The book is usually always better. But I am big fan of Tom Hanks.

Comment

i read the book first (although probably a year after the masses) and I saw the movie the moment it came out. I was very disappointed. Not even Tom Hanks was able to save it for me.

My fiance reads a ton and always ends up watching a movie after having read the book. It's gotten so bad that one of his friends jokingly said, "Andrew, you've got to stop reading. You can't enjoy any movies."
          Cristina
          IM PGY-2

Comment

Working...
          X