Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Failure to Launch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failure to Launch

I didn't see this reviewed, so I am sorry if I missed the thread.

I liked this movie. I thought it had a few funny parts, and a few parts that tried to be funny and weren't. Overall, I liked it. It was a nice little brain candy.

Justin Bartha is in it, and he is just cute in that dorky kind of way that I find that I like guys. He is in the TV show Teachers as well.
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Cute. And the parts that would have been annoying were overcome by Matthew M.'s OVERWHELMING HOTNESS!

I think I like Justin Bartha too. He was in National Treasure, right? When they referred to him as dorky or the loser I kept wondering WHY?? I thought he was adorable.

Comment

Ditto to all! SO and I watched this the other night and thought it was really cute if still contrived and obvious. We laughed and thought it was pretty cute!

SO loved the "nature" scenes and I loved Matthew without a shirt.

Comment

We're going to watch this tonight. I've rented only brain candy movies for a while and this one is on top of the list.

Jenn

Comment

I'm surprised to see that this movie gets positive reviews from you guys. I didn't like it. I don't like Matthew McConnaughoughey, or however it's spelled.
          married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I was annoyed by the random animal scenes in this movie and didn't understand why they were in there. Overall, I was very unimpressed with this movie as well.

Comment

Well, we didn't watch it. We ended up watching a travel channel show on Italy, which cemented the fact that we'll meet somewhere in Italy when my husband gets his two weeks of R & R.

(He can go anywhere in the world- I just have to get there)

Jenn

Comment

I thought this movie was okay--but I agree, what was with the animal biting scenes? I thought that was really weird. I also thought that Sarah Jessica Parker's roommate was weird--what was up with her? Why was she 15 years younger than Sarah Jessica? They didn't seem to be anything alike--why were they roommates? And why did they share an enormous house? And I found the roommate irritating--her manner of speech and moody personality was irritating.

Other than that, I thought it was an interesting concept. There's a nonfiction book out that chronicles this phenomenon--called "The Boomerang Generation"--about adult children who move home with their parents.

Comment

Her roommate was played by my Celebrity Look-a-like, Zooey Deschanel.

Comment

Was it brilliant scintillating humor? No. Was it brain candy which is exactly what we needed? Yes.

It was fine, it was fluff.

Jenn

Comment

Working...
                    X