Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Borat anybody?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Borat anybody?

My brother and I are going to take my mil to see this movie sometime this week. :>
    married to an anesthesia attending

Oh, let me know for sure....because I would see it...if I could ever get out of the house.

Comment

Let me know - SO Is dying to see it, but of course I bought us tickets to see Little Miss Sunshine instead.

Comment

Re: Borat anybody?

Originally posted by alison
        My brother and I are going to take my mil to see this movie sometime this week. :>
        :> You have to let us know how that goes AND what you think of the movie.

Comment

My husband dragged me to this today and I think it's literally the hardest I've ever laughed at a movie. I laughed till I cried, and my sides are sore. I also cringed really hard, though--it's not for sensitive viewers. The whole audience was just dying though. Whew!

My brother and I are going to take my mil to see this movie sometime this week.
          You have to let us know how that went. If I had watched the hotel-room wrestling scene with my MIL I would have never been able to look her in the eye again, but MILs vary widely.
          Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
          Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
          Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

I laughed for an hour and half (the length of the movie). I can't even explain how funny Sacha Cohen is. It's not for the faint at heart or the overly PC.

I second: beware of the hotel scene...
            Danielle
            Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

I want to see it so bad! I used to love the old Ali G show before the people he interviewed knew he was a faker.
              Mom to three wild women.

Comment

I bought tickets online last night for a screening of it tomorrow! This'll be fun.

I'm exhausted. My mil leaves on Saturday, and while I love her, I've had way too much on my plate this week. Grant proposals, teaching, interviews for grants. It's a topic for a different thread, but *I* have been the one busting my butt trying to make this trip worthwhile for her. Dh has been working late hours this entire week, and by the time he gets home, he only has to spend a couple of hours with her at most. I lost it last night when I told him that next time she should come when he's got a week off. He had the nerve to tell me that when he has time off, he wants it off and not with his mother. So it all gets left to me?!?! ARGH!!! VENT, VENT, VENT

Comment

We're going to see this tomorrow night with my IL's...
                  Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisada
                    I hated the Ali G show, but yes, Borat was sooooo funny!!!! He makes us Americans look like some damn fools!
                    I liked Borat better than da Ali G show, too. In Ali G I think he's a little too merciless in sticking it to one individual, and it makes me squirm. The movie seemed a little less mean to me.
                    Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
                    Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
                    Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

I was expecting more nudity. I guess I've seen more than my fair share in German films...

I liked the movie. I thought it was clever and really well done. There were so many good lines in the movie. I think Americans take themselves far too seriously, and this movie reminds us that we're not perfect. Isn't this what America needs right now? A kick in the rear, so to speak.

Comment

For those who saw the movie, this site is a good recap and lists all the real and psuedo real scenes. http://www.salon.com/ent/feature/2006/1 ... index.html
                        Danielle
                        Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

DH and I laughed until it hurt!!! I thought the best parts were where Cohen would make an off-color comment about gays, Jews, women, whoever, and people wouldn't flinch, some even agreed with him. That was really creepy!! Best line: "We called the police!" Borat: "Why? Did the retard escape?"

Comment

We saw it this weekend too, excellent!! That hotel scene still haunts me, sooo disgusting! ::
                            Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
                            Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

Only in the U.S. and A. can one sue for agreeing and then regretting to be filmed as an idiot. Sacha Baron Cohen is laughing all the way to the bank.

Comment

Working...
                              X